annamartin8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Looking to rent a house next year for 6. Just wondering if there are any companies in particular to avoid? Or any that can be recommended.
AdriannaC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you go via rental company, paperwork is super expensive. I had been charged £120 for just doing background check on me whereas private took £20. So I'd recommend private, you can find those usually on Facebook groups. Tips I have learned over the years: ask about central heating, double glazing, they need to secure your deposit properly with a company and take photos of the room as you first step in it and the last moment you see it, just in case they try to tell you damaged anything

Once you move in, make sure where the pipe to switch all the water off is (I had a bathroom leak at 1 am and I had no idea how to shut it off. Bathroom flooded and kitchen ceiling was a mess. Don't repeat this mistake) and the Main Switch Incomer in case all the lights go out. Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.32%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.95%
I'm really nervous (54)
19.42%

Watched Threads