Pipkoom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I have been informed that due to DSA eligibility that i can apply for a part time maintanence loan.

Do i just need a letter from my GP advising why i can't attend a physical uni and how it affects me day to day?

I alredy had to do this for the DSA so why cant it be used again for the maintanence loan?

I am in 2nd year with the ou and tried to get something from the uni but they said over the phine i would have to take leave of absense due to mental health which is discrimination so cant get an email from any local unis.

Will the gp letter be enough as itll costt 35. I really thought the maintanence loan would have been sorted alongside the DSA evidence.

Many thanks
Phillipa
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pipkoom)
Hi,

I have been informed that due to DSA eligibility that i can apply for a part time maintanence loan.

Do i just need a letter from my GP advising why i can't attend a physical uni and how it affects me day to day?

I alredy had to do this for the DSA so why cant it be used again for the maintanence loan?

I am in 2nd year with the ou and tried to get something from the uni but they said over the phine i would have to take leave of absense due to mental health which is discrimination so cant get an email from any local unis.

Will the gp letter be enough as itll costt 35. I really thought the maintanence loan would have been sorted alongside the DSA evidence.

Many thanks
Phillipa
Hi there,
The full list of evidence required to apply for a Maintenance Loan:
-Medical evidence from your GP and/or Consultant confirming that the your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university and physically attending your university.
-Evidence (this could be emails/correspondence between the yourself and different universities) detailing that you have had discussions with different universities about the facilities available or accessibility as well as why the universities cannot accommodate the your requirements/needs.
-Written confirmation from yourself on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
-Evidence from yourself showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

This is different to the evidence required to apply for DSA.
Thanks, Isaac
Kate2030
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pipkoom let me know how you get on I’m exactly the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (424)
56.46%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed