The Student Room Group

What do you do in a day to stay productive?

I'm only in a few days for college and I have way too much time on my hands. My problem is I feel unmotivated a lot of the time (especially now since it is winter) and although I have hobbies and ect I still feel stuck of what to do with my time. I really dislike having unproductive days, they make me feel quite rubbish.
If you could give me some ideas on how I could structure my days or if you could tell me how you spend your days to give me ideas of things I could do I'd really appreciate it.
Original post by Bree0
I'm only in a few days for college and I have way too much time on my hands. My problem is I feel unmotivated a lot of the time (especially now since it is winter) and although I have hobbies and ect I still feel stuck of what to do with my time. I really dislike having unproductive days, they make me feel quite rubbish.
If you could give me some ideas on how I could structure my days or if you could tell me how you spend your days to give me ideas of things I could do I'd really appreciate it.

Hi @Bree0 :hello:

Staying motivated can be tricky - especially during the Winter months.

My biggest tip would be to structure your day so hat you have time to do any work/chores you intend to get done, but to also set aside time to do things that you enjoy.

As you are someone who likes to be productive, you might find it useful to write 'To Do Lists' for yourself, as ticking off each task may give you a sense of achievement. Also, if you have a quiet day, you might enjoy finding something fun to do which also has an end goal. For example, you might enjoy doing some baking or developing a new skill.

At the same time, remember that it is okay to have down time too! We all need some time to just relax and watch tv or read a book.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Bree0

I find having a good morning and evening routine helps me and achieving goals other than studying. Things like: reading, exercising, games etc.
Don't forget to take time to give yourself rest and to recharge.
The biggest thing I have found that can also stop your productivity is what you say to your self. If you have said that you don't want to do something, like a piece of work, this can cause you to procrastinate even after you have decided to do it and beyond because your mind listens to what you say and creates it for you.
Reply 3
Thank you Melissa! I've been thinking about putting a time table or something like that together for a while, I think I should get round to it.
Original post by Bree0
Thank you Melissa! I've been thinking about putting a time table or something like that together for a while, I think I should get round to it.

Hi @Bree0 :smile:

No problem! If you need any other help please just ask!

We do have a range of resources available here which might be useful to you!

Melissa :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending