is CGP or Freesciencelessons good enough to get a 9 in science?

Watch
gutfoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
also which one is better in terms of revision?
JoelBOI
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gutfoi)
also which one is better in terms of revision?
No. CGP + Freesciencelessons + practise papers and questions is enough, though.
gutfoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JoelBOI)
No. CGP + Freesciencelessons + practise papers and questions is enough, though.
but i find it hard to revise from cgp, especially when learning chemistry in the book, because of the formulas and equations
JoelBOI
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gutfoi)
but i find it hard to revise from cgp, especially when learning chemistry in the book, because of the formulas and equations
The emphasis is on practise questions; you can learn the material however way you want, be it CGP or a different textbook. Past papers are key!
FatYikes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CGP revision guides and freesciencelessons helped me a lot with the actual content, but to access the top grades you need to be familiar with the higher end questions that they might ask in the exam to test the top students. The main way of learning this is through practice papers, and this will also help immensely with applying your knowledge from CGP/Freesciencelessons in a format that examiners can award marks for.
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. They're useful resources for learning content, but you need to practice your knowledge of the content by answering questions from past papers, exam-style questions or within your textbook / revision guides.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
one revision resource won't guarantee you a 9. you need to revise in a method that suits your strengths best. if you want to get the top grades you need to have good exam technique as well as subject knowledge and this is best developed through plenty of exam practice and doing methods that require active recall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed