violetsoup
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have my heart absolutely set on doing a Foundation course. I've read up on the positive and negative sides of taking one, but I've absolutely no idea where I could go and do it. I live in London, and plan to study here for the entirety of my university life. I'm also aware that UAL gives you a guaranteed place to do an undergraduate degree if you manage to finish the Foundation course, but I don't know which college to choose. Please tell me if you know of any good colleges/universities to apply for!
nxddlx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by violetsoup)
I have my heart absolutely set on doing a Foundation course. I've read up on the positive and negative sides of taking one, but I've absolutely no idea where I could go and do it. I live in London, and plan to study here for the entirety of my university life. I'm also aware that UAL gives you a guaranteed place to do an undergraduate degree if you manage to finish the Foundation course, but I don't know which college to choose. Please tell me if you know of any good colleges/universities to apply for!
some good London ones are ravensbourne, The Royal drawing school, London Collage of the Contemporary arts, kingston, London met
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Richmond FE college is pretty good for media and creative courses but tbh most big FE colleges will have a decent foundation diploma art department.

What media do you like using/want to develop during your foundation? Do you have any ideas about what sort of degree you might want to do?

LCCA is very poor in my experience. They’re profit making and so mostly focused on cutting corners.
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by violetsoup)
Hi, i am a student at London Met university. they have a great art and design course that has a built-in foundation year. 97% of students said that they felt that they were taught well and explained their course content well. the entry requirements are at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma) and English Language GCSE at grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above or will need to take the University English test.

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. the module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.

i hope this helps!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hi, i am a student at London Met university. they have a great art and design course that has a built-in foundation year. 97% of students said that they felt that they were taught well and explained their course content well. the entry requirements are at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma) and English Language GCSE at grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above or will need to take the University English test.

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. the module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.

i hope this helps!
A built in foundation year is very different to a free standing foundation diploma.
A FAD course will usually include support with UCAS to apply for degrees at a range of universities whereas if you take a foundation year route then you're committed to completing your degree at that university. Generally people choose a FAD because they want to flexibility to experiment artistically and build up their portfolio for application to a range of different degrees - so the flexibility is the important part of the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (249)
57.24%
I don't have everything I need (186)
42.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed