AQA A level Psychology - Outline characteristics of depression (6 marks) help!

Watch
Clauxery373277
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,I need help on how to answer the 6 marker "Outline characteristics of depression" I'm currently making flashcards on this for revision.

Can someone please write me a good response for it? Thanks. Because from looking at the mark scheme it's only saying "psychological, behavioural, emotional and cognitive signs/symptoms"
"incidence and prevalence"
"course and prognosis"
"criteria for diagnosis"
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is a list of signs

Inability to think clearly
Loss of ability to laugh
Loss of life in severe cases
Tearing up for no reason
Mood swings
Frequent bouts of sadnesses
Suicidal feelings or tendencies
Actual suicide attempt for some
Clauxery373277
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
This is a list of signs

Inability to think clearly
Loss of ability to laugh
Loss of life in severe cases
Tearing up for no reason
Mood swings
Frequent bouts of sadnesses
Suicidal feelings or tendencies
Actual suicide attempt for some
Hi, turns out it was a 4 marker not a 6 marker, my bad. Anyways do you know how I would put it into a perfect paragraph for the 4 marks? Thank you.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Describe the symptoms and effects. Be honest.
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There’s many ways you could approach it to be honest so it’s hard to write just one perfect paragraph. Have you got a revision guide or just notes on the characteristics of depression? In mine they’re split into behavioural, emotional, and cognitive characteristics already but I’m not sure if this would be the same for everyone.

I’m just asking this as a baseline then I’ll help more if you still need.
Clauxery373277
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashtolga23)
There’s many ways you could approach it to be honest so it’s hard to write just one perfect paragraph. Have you got a revision guide or just notes on the characteristics of depression? In mine they’re split into behavioural, emotional, and cognitive characteristics already but I’m not sure if this would be the same for everyone.

I’m just asking this as a baseline then I’ll help more if you still need.
Hi, yes on my textbook it has that too but I don't know what exactly I would include on a 4 marker for it.
phoebexo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Clauxery373277)
Hi, yes on my textbook it has that too but I don't know what exactly I would include on a 4 marker for it.
so basically you want someone else to write your answer for you? lmao its not hard to do a bit of research on symptoms and diagnosis of depression.
Clauxery373277
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Describe the symptoms and effects. Be honest.
So how would I do It?

Would this be enough for the 4 marks:
The cognitive approach assumes behaviour is controlled by thoughts and behaviours. The behavioural approach assumes that phobias are learned through classical and operating conditioning. The biological approach assumes that psychological disorders are physical illnesses with physical causes.
Clauxery373277
Rep:
?
(Original post by phoebexo)
so basically you want someone else to write your answer for you? lmao its not hard to do a bit of research on symptoms and diagnosis of depression.
Smh. That's not how getting the marks work. You need to say what's on the mark scheme exactly and I don't know what is for the 4 marks. So yes I would like someone to write one which would get 4 marks so I can make a flashcard on it as atm I'm making flashcards on psychology exam questions to help me for the exams.
phoebexo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Smh. That's not how getting the marks work. You need to say what's on the mark scheme exactly and I don't know what is for the 4 marks. So yes I would like someone to write one which would get 4 marks so I can make a flashcard on it as atm I'm making flashcards on psychology exam questions to help me for the exams.
lmaooo i do psych and if its a question asking to outline the characteristics of depression thats exactly what you would do - outline symptoms and the behavioural, cognitive and emotional characteristics?? or literally type the question into google and the first link it tutor2u's notes on the topic which you can then use to write your 4 mark answer.
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For four marks you really wouldn’t need that much. Personally I’d just literally list the characteristics and perhaps sort them into the 3 categories.

Do what you think is best and your teacher can mark it though. It’s better for it to come up now so you can correct it if needs be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (65)
12.17%
Virtual campus tours/open days (129)
24.16%
Live streaming events (46)
8.61%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.74%
A uni comparison tool (124)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (118)
22.1%