The Student Room Group

haram to listen to quran whilst studying

Is it haram to listen to the quran whilst studying, if you search it on the internet, it says first that its fine but deeper into the internet and other webpages say that you can't listen to it
some of my friends say it's haram cuz ur not concentrating on the Quran i'm not sure im convinced tho
Original post by 16ahada
Is it haram to listen to the quran whilst studying, if you search it on the internet, it says first that its fine but deeper into the internet and other webpages say that you can't listen to it

Listening to Qur'an whilst studying is better than listening to music.

Listening to Qur'an whilst taking the time to reflect on its meaning is better than listening whilst busy.

There are levels to it and you have to ask yourself what is within your ability right now - if you are someone struggling with a music addiction or will feel a great temptation to listen to music whilst studying, then replacing it with Qur'an is a practical way to ween yourself off. If you aren't struggling and just casually want something to listen to, it is better to avoid treating Qur'an like music.

Ultimately, what we listen to feeds back into our hearts, but the true benefit of the Qur'an comes from contemplation, not just listening to its melody or reciting the Arabic without understanding it
(edited 3 years ago)
thanks my dudes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending