SapphireDLH
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello all,

I would like to apply for an MA after graduating from my current BA in Fine Art at University Centre Somerset, I have two years work experience in support work with learning disabilities prior to my current completion of the BA.

I am currently looking a 2-3 potential universities involved within the Art Therapy field which are:
University Of Chester
University of Derby
Leeds Beckett University

The course runs for 2 years and starts SEP/OCT 2021 and requires a 2:1 minimum in Fine Art or a Psychology based undergraduate degree.

My question is when should I start applying directly to these universities as I am under the impression that it is first come first serve and they fill up quite quickly?

Also how many choices should I apply for in regards to the MA? Is three sufficient?

And work experience related to aid the application for the degree, this is aimed at successful applicants and students on the current courses?

Many thanks in advance,

Sapphire
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Art therapy is fun. Seriously it trumps any other job. Apart from writing nothing can trump that. Start now btw I would not leave it too late.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can apply to as many postgrad programmes as you can reasonably prepare good quality applications for, which might vary from person to person. Check the course providers to see what deadlines they have and whether they consider applications on a rolling/first come first serve basis, or consider all applications received before the deadline equally. Unlike with undergrad applications, for PG universities don't all have the same process and some do consider applications on a rolling basis (in which case early application is better). Note that certain sources of funding may have separate, earlier deadlines, so you should also be aware of those in case there are particular scholarships or similar you wish to apply for to fund your studies.
SapphireDLH
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
You can apply to as many postgrad programmes as you can reasonably prepare good quality applications for, which might vary from person to person. Check the course providers to see what deadlines they have and whether they consider applications on a rolling/first come first serve basis, or consider all applications received before the deadline equally. Unlike with undergrad applications, for PG universities don't all have the same process and some do consider applications on a rolling basis (in which case early application is better). Note that certain sources of funding may have separate, earlier deadlines, so you should also be aware of those in case there are particular scholarships or similar you wish to apply for to fund your studies.
This has been really insightful, thank you very much.

I have also booked into a careers advisor at the university careers hub to validate my options. I will be doing more research into this over the weekend.

Many thanks,

Sapphire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.05%
Excited but a bit nervous (121)
46.01%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.93%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.01%

Watched Threads