Tinder girl stopped replying

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I was having a good convo with a girl on tinder, given we spoke a lot and she seemed interested I said 'we should hangout, when are you next free?'

It's now been 4 days and she never replied, she ghosted me.

I realised that was a really dumb thing to say given we're in lockdown for the next few weeks still so she probably thought I was dumb for asking a stupid question and just didn't bother replying.

Is there any way I can save this without looking clingy / coming across as a beg/simp?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Don’t bother, tinder girls are for hook ups

I matched with a girl and all she wanted was d’ck/hook up
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was having a good convo with a girl on tinder, given we spoke a lot and she seemed interested I said 'we should hangout, when are you next free?'

It's now been 4 days and she never replied, she ghosted me.

I realised that was a really dumb thing to say given we're in lockdown for the next few weeks still so she probably thought I was dumb for asking a stupid question and just didn't bother replying.

Is there any way I can save this without looking clingy / coming across as a beg/simp?
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the idea of all girls being on tinder for hookups. To be honest from my experience, sometimes I just forget to reply on tinder because my notifications are off and so I reply days later. Other times I’ll be chatting with a girl on there and no matter how good it seems to go she’ll just stop replying. Chances are it is what it is at this point but the only way you might scrape it back without looking weird is putting something funny. Even if you said “dumb question during lockdown” then that’s one more ch
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the idea of all girls being on tinder for hookups. To be honest from my experience, sometimes I just forget to reply on tinder because my notifications are off and so I reply days later. Other times I’ll be chatting with a girl on there and no matter how good it seems to go she’ll just stop replying. Chances are it is what it is at this point but the only way you might scrape it back without looking weird is putting something funny. Even if you said “dumb question during lockdown” then that’s one more ch
*didn’t finish my sentence - one more chance. Also for future reference asking someone out over tinder isn’t a great way to go. Generally if convo is going well then try to move it to text or ask for her insta or something and message there for a bit before you float the idea of meeting.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
Maybe she found one good looking than you who meets all her criteria
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That’s your average tinder experience. There’s plenty more of that whether you like it or not
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
That’s your average tinder experience. There’s plenty more of that whether you like it or not
True. And in future you will also find yourself dumping girls when you meet someone better than the one your are talking with. So yes its kind of f****d up and most likely to destroy your emotions in long term.
Anonymous #1
*didn’t finish my sentence - one more chance. Also for future reference asking someone out over tinder isn’t a great way to go. Generally if convo is going well then try to move it to text or ask for her insta or something and message there for a bit before you float the idea of meeting.
Thanks for the advice, I agree was probably a bit stupid to ask her out over tinder before asking for her number. I actually rarely get matches so I don't have that much experience and when I do get matches most the times they never reply to my opener. This was the first girl that actually seemed interested. Do you think my best bet is to make a joke out of it and say 'dumb thing to ask haha' or do you think there might be a better way to save it?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Thanks for the advice, I agree was probably a bit stupid to ask her out over tinder before asking for her number. I actually rarely get matches so I don't have that much experience and when I do get matches most the times they never reply to my opener. This was the first girl that actually seemed interested. Do you think my best bet is to make a joke out of it and say 'dumb thing to ask haha' or do you think there might be a better way to save it?
to be honest I think that’s the best line to put. Doesn’t make you seem salty (because that’s never going to get the reply). I found that the first message commenting on one of their pictures / bio is more successful that a generic message. Hope you save it !
Anonymous #1
to be honest I think that’s the best line to put. Doesn’t make you seem salty (because that’s never going to get the reply). I found that the first message commenting on one of their pictures / bio is more successful that a generic message. Hope you save it !
Thank you
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Tinder is notorious for ghosting behavior. It's like the worst aspects of human nature are focused into one social platform. Don't overthink this.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
She's probably chatting to other guys and found better convo elsewhere maybe?

I disagree. Yes Tinder is notorious for hook ups but not all. I met my current boyfriend on tinder. He was v good looking in the pictures he put up and we started a conversation. But then convo was a bit boring as he seemed nervous and I decided to ghost him after he asked me out.

He then realised and messaged me again. I then made up some lame excuse that I failed my exam and wasn't in a good mood to meet. He was patient and waited and we started talking again. Eventually we met up after bout a week and the rest was history because we've been together a year and still going strong.

Never say never. You could try sending her a light message. You never know, don't assume anything, just be spontaneous!
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don’t bother, tinder girls are for hook ups

I matched with a girl and all she wanted was d’ck/hook up
Your d was clearly too irresistible for her.

I wouldn’t overanalyse the situation OP. Anything could have happened and people can be fickle, so I would just move on.
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
She's probably chatting to other guys and found better convo elsewhere maybe?

I disagree. Yes Tinder is notorious for hook ups but not all. I met my current boyfriend on tinder. He was v good looking in the pictures he put up and we started a conversation. But then convo was a bit boring as he seemed nervous and I decided to ghost him after he asked me out.

He then realised and messaged me again. I then made up some lame excuse that I failed my exam and wasn't in a good mood to meet. He was patient and waited and we started talking again. Eventually we met up after bout a week and the rest was history because we've been together a year and still going strong.

Never say never. You could try sending her a light message. You never know, don't assume anything, just be spontaneous!
You ghosted him and he still ran after you? Lovely.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
Haha I wasn't sure about him at the start and because it was after NY and in a big city, I had over a hundred matches so a bit hard to navigate lol I only ghosted him for 2 days before he messaged again so, plus my phone didn't show notifications, a bug or something

Moral of the story, you find love when you least expect it and anything can happen
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Haha I wasn't sure about him at the start and because it was after NY and in a big city, I had over a hundred matches so a bit hard to navigate lol I only ghosted him for 2 days before he messaged again so, plus my phone didn't show notifications, a bug or something

Moral of the story, you find love when you least expect it and anything can happen
Stop lying
Anonymous #1
Hey, so I sent that message saying ‘stupid question to ask in quarantine’ and she replied a couple days later saying ‘ha I’m quite busy’.
Any advice what to say next as that’s a really blunt and slow reply? But I feel if she wasn’t interested she just wouldn’t even reply.
Anonymous #6
Report 2 months ago
Hey, so I sent that message saying ‘stupid question to ask in quarantine’ and she replied a couple days later saying ‘ha I’m quite busy’.
Any advice what to say next as that’s a really blunt and slow reply? But I feel if she wasn’t interested she just wouldn’t even reply.
I'm sorry pal but that is code word for I am not interested no more or I've found someone else. I think we should all have a moments silence for our fallen comrade
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
F.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Great that you got the reply! Yeah tbh It’s a good sign she actually replied I’d say. If she’s already told you some of her interests you could relate it to that? Or maybe nows the time to try and move it off tinder. Hope I’m not too late !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (68)
17.71%
No one else does (122)
31.77%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.68%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (130)
33.85%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.82%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.82%

Watched Threads