Dina28.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi all, I am currently on the search for cases where judges have followed the doctrine of precedent for example where Hedley Byrne v Heller followed the application of Donoghue, however I am not finding any, I don't know if I am using the wrong search words or keys, can anyone help me out on what exactly I need to be searching for what search keys?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
not quite sure what mean because judges must always follow precedent. are you looking for cases that followed Donoghue v Stevenson? what are you using to search; Westlaw?
Dina28.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Joleee)
not quite sure what mean because judges must always follow precedent. are you looking for cases that followed Donoghue v Stevenson? what are you using to search; Westlaw?
I am using Westlaw and others as well. Not particularly donoghue because the lecturer asked for recent cases and what she wants basically is 3 cases judges followed precedent and 3 cases they did not follow it for example overulling. I'm unsure how to find recent cases.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.3%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (56)
65.12%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.95%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.16%

Watched Threads