The Student Room Group

Past paper quesitons

Are past paper questions enough for practice in gcse triple science for grade 9? Or would it be wise to look at other sources (like cgp workbooks, textbook questions, etc)?
Original post by Ileenileen
Are past paper questions enough for practice in gcse triple science for grade 9? Or would it be wise to look at other sources (like cgp workbooks, textbook questions, etc)?

I personally found past paper exam questions to be the best resource as they are the most similar to your exam. textbooks/ workbooks can be good for getting you to think about applying your knowledge in different ways but sometimes they ask awkward questions which won't be asked in an exam. its very dependent on the resource but I would use past papers predominantly.
Thank you for the reply! By the way, would you say only doing past paper questions for practice are therefore enough to get top grades (i.e. grade 9s)? Or do you think external questions here and there would help maximise the chance?
Original post by Ileenileen
Thank you for the reply! By the way, would you say only doing past paper questions for practice are therefore enough to get top grades (i.e. grade 9s)? Or do you think external questions here and there would help maximise the chance

From my recollection I think I only did practice papers for my own revision. I'd say as a general rule if you've got other resources already I'd use them but I would focus on practice papers and not buy any new books unless your teachers know a particularly good one. I say this but I was also set lots of questions as homework from other resources so there's a balance.

One piece of advice I'd give is to not use up all the best resources until just before exams i.e. keep 1 or 2 of the most recent papers to do just before your real GCSEs (you might be set them as mocks so might want to check with your teachers). You can also use the combined papers for extra practice as they still have some good questions despite not all the separate content

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending