Mental Health during Lockdown

Watch
Strawberry_345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Don't know if it's just me, but lockdown has affected my mental health so much, first tier 3 month lockdown was way worse, but after being put into lockdown 2.0 it's come to the point where I'm so used to it in a bad way, like not leaving the house, going to sleep at 5/6am and waking up at 4/5pm and then going back to sleep, since losing my job back in tier 1 lockdown back in March I've been jobless for around 10 months now and I hate not being busy, lately I've had zero motivation to do anything and life just seems so repetitive compared to 2019 when everything was so much better, I really feel like I took life for granted back then, but I decided to take a gap year before I enrol to uni for 2021 in sept, but I don't know what i'm going to do all these next couple of months especially since i'm jobless, I don't even want to leave the house anymore, i don't even want to go out on motives either because money's tight which might also be playing a key factor, and i feel like i prefer sleeping throughout the day because it's easier to get through this feeling, any tips on what i should do? anyone feeling the same way? i feel like this lockdown has been way more difficult because i was so used to going out and now it's like Netflix and munch 24/7 which idm cos i love binging but its just getting annoying now
ThatGirlKim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Strawberry_345)
Don't know if it's just me, but lockdown has affected my mental health so much, first tier 3 month lockdown was way worse, but after being put into lockdown 2.0 it's come to the point where I'm so used to it in a bad way, like not leaving the house, going to sleep at 5/6am and waking up at 4/5pm and then going back to sleep, since losing my job back in tier 1 lockdown back in March I've been jobless for around 10 months now and I hate not being busy, lately I've had zero motivation to do anything and life just seems so repetitive compared to 2019 when everything was so much better, I really feel like I took life for granted back then, but I decided to take a gap year before I enrol to uni for 2021 in sept, but I don't know what i'm going to do all these next couple of months especially since i'm jobless, I don't even want to leave the house anymore, i don't even want to go out on motives either because money's tight which might also be playing a key factor, and i feel like i prefer sleeping throughout the day because it's easier to get through this feeling, any tips on what i should do? anyone feeling the same way? i feel like this lockdown has been way more difficult because i was so used to going out and now it's like Netflix and munch 24/7 which idm cos i love binging but its just getting annoying now
Literally same. This lockdown is hitting me so hard too. All I’ve done is watch Netflix and doing nothing productive. I slept for three days running this week. I’m also going through a breakup with someone so being stuck in the house feels like being trapped in my own thoughts, which is awful. I need distractions too but it seems impossible. All I can share with you is what I’m currently thinking. Maybe start a new hobby or call some of your friends? I’m just like you but I think I need to start making set plans for the day. To get up at a certain time or I just won’t be productive at all. I talked to a friend yesterday over the phone and also felt immediately better in myself. It’s going so long without seeing people but also that you can’t go anywhere to distract yourself when your normally a busy person working.
Strawberry_345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ThatGirlKim)
Literally same. This lockdown is hitting me so hard too. All I’ve done is watch Netflix and doing nothing productive. I slept for three days running this week. I’m also going through a breakup with someone so being stuck in the house feels like being trapped in my own thoughts, which is awful. I need distractions too but it seems impossible. All I can share with you is what I’m currently thinking. Maybe start a new hobby or call some of your friends? I’m just like you but I think I need to start making set plans for the day. To get up at a certain time or I just won’t be productive at all. I talked to a friend yesterday over the phone and also felt immediately better in myself. It’s going so long without seeing people but also that you can’t go anywhere to distract yourself when your normally a busy person working.
omg same, my ex left me in tier 1 lockdown in March, so imagine i was exactly in the same position as you so I really know how hard it is, I was depressed from March-June in lockdown and it's been like 9 months almost 10 months and I'm still broken, I promise all you need is time, I remember how hard the first lockdown was for me because I was just constantly crying but then I got better in June-September and now I'm back to feeling empty etc I feel you, being not busy and stuck at home all the time really makes me think x10 harder whereas if everything was open at least we'd be able to go out and not think about it as much which would help with the healing, but I'm so sorry i hope your okay, hmm me too because binging tik tok and like Netflix is getting sickly, it's like in the summer i was going on daily walks bc it was warm but now it's winter and cold and hella miserable it puts me off even going to the shops to buy food because the weather affects my mood big time, like when it's sunny i tend to be productive and more happy but when it's cold and gloomy i end up being so sad, i lost a lot of friends this year for a lot of different reasons but i hope going university next September will give me a fresh start tbh cos 2020 has been like the worst year ever i really took 2019 for granted cos i was fully living my best life but we move it's not going to be this difficult forever and we have to take it day by day and just hang in there and stay strong because there's always a light at the end of the tunnel
ThatGirlKim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Strawberry_345)
omg same, my ex left me in tier 1 lockdown in March, so imagine i was exactly in the same position as you so I really know how hard it is, I was depressed from March-June in lockdown and it's been like 9 months almost 10 months and I'm still broken, I promise all you need is time, I remember how hard the first lockdown was for me because I was just constantly crying but then I got better in June-September and now I'm back to feeling empty etc I feel you, being not busy and stuck at home all the time really makes me think x10 harder whereas if everything was open at least we'd be able to go out and not think about it as much which would help with the healing, but I'm so sorry i hope your okay, hmm me too because binging tik tok and like Netflix is getting sickly, it's like in the summer i was going on daily walks bc it was warm but now it's winter and cold and hella miserable it puts me off even going to the shops to buy food because the weather affects my mood big time, like when it's sunny i tend to be productive and more happy but when it's cold and gloomy i end up being so sad, i lost a lot of friends this year for a lot of different reasons but i hope going university next September will give me a fresh start tbh cos 2020 has been like the worst year ever i really took 2019 for granted cos i was fully living my best life but we move it's not going to be this difficult forever and we have to take it day by day and just hang in there and stay strong because there's always a light at the end of the tunnel
Aw that sucks too. Yeah I guess we are going through the same. I’m so depressed right now, I’ve kinda just buried my head in the sand. Like I know I have to move on and everything but the only way I do that is by being productive. There’s not a lot in the house that I can do other than watch tv and play video games to avoid the thoughts. I wasn’t too bad in the first lockdown because as you say we had the summer to enjoy and I went out a lot. But I really think breaking up with someone before the lockdown is agonising. My mental health has deteriorated dramatically in like 2 weeks. I hope Uni goes well for you! I think everyone just wants this year to be one that we forget. Looking forward to the near future definitely but it’s going to take time. Like you say a light at the tunnel 😌
calliealbert
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Catastrophes are known to have an impact on relationships as well as on mental health. This study evaluated differences in several mental health and well-being measures according to relationship quality during the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic and related lockdown measures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads