Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have advice for the Film Practice portfolio for UAL (university of the arts London). What things have people included or advice for the 500 statement
cryingchild
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did u go to the virtual open day, he explained a lot about what and what not to put on the portfolio
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cryingchild)
did u go to the virtual open day, he explained a lot about what and what not to put on the portfolio
Yeah I did and it was extremely helpful! Good luck with your application too
cryingchild
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I did and it was extremely helpful! Good luck with your application too
thank you ))))
ocuin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm applying to the same course but I didn't get to go to the virtual open day, any chance you could tell me the main things they said about the portfolio?
cryingchild
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ocuin)
I'm applying to the same course but I didn't get to go to the virtual open day, any chance you could tell me the main things they said about the portfolio?
all i can remember from the top of my head is to not include scripts as they prolly wont read them, films/videos have to be compiled into one and can only be 3 mins max, include sketches, photographs, creative writing etc. as it shows ur creativity
ocuin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
all i can remember from the top of my head is to not include scripts as they prolly wont read them, films/videos have to be compiled into one and can only be 3 mins max, include sketches, photographs, creative writing etc. as it shows ur creativity
Cool, thank you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ocuin)
Cool, thank you!
(Original post by ocuin)
It’s good to show your creative process, Photographs, referencing some books, films, influences in your 500 word statement, show your personality through your work and say why you want to be a filmmaker (whether directing, editing, set design...) and if you don’t know what “discipline” you want to go into say why filmmaking is for you and why film practice specifically.
Anonymous #1
Has anyone heard back from their apppication yet?
cryingchild
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone heard back from their apppication yet?
nope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed