Grades going down

Watch this thread
Yuab7
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Recently my grades in english have been going down (from 8 to 6). What can I do to get better grades, and what can I do to revise for essays/tests?
ScreamingCat
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
How are you being marked? Is it that the new material being covered isn't sticking or are going over material you have already done? This will help you decide what you focus on as you need to spend the limited time and energy resources wisely. Also look at the mark scheme for your course this will give you some idea of how to get marks. Are you also getting feed back from your marked work as well? If not take the work that is getting lower grades to your English teacher and see if they can give you some advice. You can't actively focus on improving if you don't know what areas you want to work on.

For specific revision tips knowing how you learn best will be a start and then build around that. It seemed to be working for you before, did something change that might have caused problems recently? Do you just need to change strategy for that particular material? There are loads of study technique guides out there that I realistically cannot list a lot of them but a small number includes: repeatedly writing down the material by hand, cue and flash cards, post it notes, looking up videos or audio of the material, or alternatively looking up different texts to see if you understand them better, gamification (turning your study into a game), colour coding (with highlighters or coloured pens). Feel free to experiment with this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads