Canadian.lady
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello I’m a Canadian citizen looking to complete a relevant bsc to become a dental hygienist/therapist. I’ve been in the U.K. for 3.5 years first on a tier 5 youth mobile visa and then switched to a tier 2 spousal visa. Am I eligible as the partner of a British citizen for any financial assistance, student finance, home fees, bursaries/grants?

I’m trying to find information but it’s impossible to come by.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Canadian.lady)
Hello I’m a Canadian citizen looking to complete a relevant bsc to become a dental hygienist/therapist. I’ve been in the U.K. for 3.5 years first on a tier 5 youth mobile visa and then switched to a tier 2 spousal visa. Am I eligible as the partner of a British citizen for any financial assistance, student finance, home fees, bursaries/grants?

I’m trying to find information but it’s impossible to come by.
Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Canadian.lady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
1) not sure which uni yet, course would be oral health sciences, or dental hygiene and therapy.

2) I’m 32

3) Canadian national, currently on a tier 2 spousal visa partner is a born British citizen (so limited leave to remain) since sept 2019, previously on a tier 5 youth mobility visa from sept 2017-2019, I’ve been in the U.K. continuously from sept 2017.

4) I have the equivalent to an HND in ophthalmic sciences, from a Canadian institution.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) not sure which uni yet, course would be oral health sciences, or dental hygiene and therapy.

2) I’m 32

3) Canadian national, currently on a tier 2 spousal visa partner is a born British citizen (so limited leave to remain) since sept 2019, previously on a tier 5 youth mobility visa from sept 2017-2019, I’ve been in the U.K. continuously from sept 2017.

4) I have the equivalent to an HND in ophthalmic sciences, from a Canadian institution.
Can you confirm when the course will be starting? Is it next year?
Thanks, Isaac
Canadian.lady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Can you confirm when the course will be starting? Is it next year?
Thanks, Isaac
Hopefully sept 2021
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully sept 2021
Currently you could apply as the spouse of an EU/UK National to receive EU funding, however EU Funding is changing next year so you wouldn't be able to apply for this next year. If you only have limited leave to remain then you wouldn't be eligible for SFE funding unless you have been in the UK for half your life or 20 years.

I advise you to contact us again early next year, around March and we should be able to advise on your eligibility for next year.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (335)
43.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed