jessbrum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son really enjoys Maths, but unfortunately isn't likely to get the GCSE grade 7 required to study it at his Sixth Form. Would Statistics be an easier option for him?
Chowderzzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd say I found statistics easier, but it's kinda different to maths in a pretty big way. So maybe get him to double check the course structure for A Level Statistics and see if he likes it.

Also right now it's only November so no matter what grade he is on, I'd still say its possible for him to get the 7 he needs to move up a grade. I'd recommend for him to check out Maths Genie. I used it when I did GCSE Maths and it's very good. all topics are laid out clearly by Grade, and have videos for revision and exam questions to do.

If he tries his best then I have no doubt he'll be able to achieve the grade 7 he needs to do A Level Maths.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I loved Maths and did 3 Maths A levels (Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics). I really enjoyed Pure Maths and Mechanics but can honestly say that Statistics left me cold. Sure, Statistics provides some useful tools but it lacked the soul I found in other Maths. Don't assume that your son will like Stats just because he likes Maths.

What other A levels is he considering with it?
ryan9090
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jessbrum)
My son really enjoys Maths, but unfortunately isn't likely to get the GCSE grade 7 required to study it at his Sixth Form. Would Statistics be an easier option for him?
sorry to tell you but your son is a weirdo and needs serious help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (238)
56.8%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.2%

Watched Threads