Anonymous 1525
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What are my chances of getting into Nottingham Trent for psychology which wants 128 UCAS points if my predicted grades are BBB (120 points?)
I’m applying for ones with my predicted grades or lower but I really wanna apply to ntu, do I bother do you reckon I’ll get an offer?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous 1525)
What are my chances of getting into Nottingham Trent for psychology which wants 128 UCAS points if my predicted grades are BBB (120 points?)
I’m applying for ones with my predicted grades or lower but I really wanna apply to ntu, do I bother do you reckon I’ll get an offer?
Hey Anonymous 1525!

If you apply there, because your grades are slightly lower they may wait until the January deadline to decide if they want to offer you a place or not (this will depend on how many offers they have already given out )

Its worth trying as long as you have other places with the requirements of you predicted grades or less
So you will at least potentially get an offer from those places

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Was the course in clearing in the last few years? If so, that will help.

They seem to be at the level where I would expect flexibility, so, whilst I don't really know, I'd be tempted to try. Good luck.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apply - its worth one risky choice, but make sure your other choices are more realistic.

How To Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
matt_dirzys
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same here, I applied for business management and marketing. On their website, their entry is 120 points whilst I only got 112 points, I believe I'm eligible for a contextual offer due to my area participation. I got an unconditional offer from Northumbria and they have exactly the same entry requirements, hopefully, we both can get in.
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by matt_dirzys)
Same here, I applied for business management and marketing. On their website, their entry is 120 points whilst I only got 112 points, I believe I'm eligible for a contextual offer due to my area participation. I got an unconditional offer from Northumbria and they have exactly the same entry requirements, hopefully, we both can get in.
I’m applying for the same course 😊, where else are you applying?
matt_dirzys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
I’m applying for the same course 😊, where else are you applying?
My options are:
Trent
Northumbria
De Monfort
Portsmouth
Leicester - got rejected due to being two grades below, what are yours?
Anonymous 1525
Rep:
?
Oo good luck I hope you get in!
matt_dirzys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oo good luck I hope you get in!
Thanks you too
Anonymous 1525
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Was the course in clearing in the last few years? If so, that will help.

They seem to be at the level where I would expect flexibility, so, whilst I don't really know, I'd be tempted to try. Good luck.
Yeah it was in clearing do you think that would help? And thanks!
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My options are:
Trent
Northumbria
De Monfort
Portsmouth
Leicester - got rejected due to being two grades below, what are yours?
Leeds York Aston NTU and Manchester met , I’m predicted AAB but my GCSE maths grade prevents me from being able to apply to other ‘top’ unis? what are your GCSE’s like ? What would be your firm and insurance?
matt_dirzys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Leeds York Aston NTU and Manchester met , I’m predicted AAB but my GCSE maths grade prevents me from being able to apply to other ‘top’ unis? what are your GCSE’s like ? What would be your firm and insurance?
My GCSEs are average nothing special, Two 6s in English, 4 in maths and all other GCSEs just C and Bs. I'm thinking to replace Portsmouth with Manchester Met as well but not sure yet.
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My GCSEs are average nothing special, Two 6s in English, 4 in maths and all other GCSEs just C and Bs. I'm thinking to replace Portsmouth with Manchester Met as well but not sure yet.
Yeah Manchester Met seemed quite good, are you doing the same course at all unis?
matt_dirzys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah Manchester Met seemed quite good, are you doing the same course at all unis?
Yeah most of them are Business and Marketing, some of them are Human Resources. I'm looking to firm Trent if I get an offer and maybe Northumbria as insurance.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would give it a try, you are still likely to get a conditional offer since your predicted grades are close and they go into Clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads