ronaldo lopes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m studying in year 12 currently and my first mocks on twelfth night is coming, but I’m struggling to revise twelfth night and what I should focus on.
Can someone tell me what I should do?
Ira :)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ronaldo lopes)
I’m studying in year 12 currently and my first mocks on twelfth night is coming, but I’m struggling to revise twelfth night and what I should focus on.
Can someone tell me what I should do?
Well, with Twelfth Night, first focus on the themes. Because the themes of love and deception are very clearly shown in the play. So, connect the characters, setting, and other aspects (plot, etc) to the themes, because that covers a lot of content already. Then, focus on things like character relationships, and how the literary devices connect (eg. structural juxtaposition, metaphors, allusions, similes, etc). By then, you would have covered most of it. Look at each part separately, and then check with your teacher to see if you've covered everything. Luckily, Twelfth Night is not as long as some of the other Shakespeare plays. Lastly, try to write a demo essay, just as practise. Do an open-book test first, if you're not too confident. Then try a general essay without your book. Consistently refer to your notes on a day-by-day basis, and you'll do fine. Hope this helps. Twelfth Night is the play I'm studying this year as well.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is my advice. Focus on the themes and characters in the play. Read beyond the lines to infer any deeper hidden meaning of the texts and also make brief notes too. Discuss the text in class etc so that you fully connect with it. As you are reading it to yourself consider your first impression and the like as well. Finally try to write up a literature essay for exam practice as a draft and save it on your laptop. Then edit it for any spelling mistakes and so on. Use any helpful tips as a good way to improve on your essay writing skills and technique.
Jot down possible themes on a empty sheet of paper. Also try to pick out some literary techniques that really make a deep impact on you. Do exactly the same for words, set yourself the challenge of seeing if you can fill up a blank sheet of paper with your ideas and thoughts. At night time slowly read your class notes quietly to yourself and during your daily timed revision sessions on top of that. Attempt to answer some practice questions within a hour. This is a good way of practicing high quality answers. Again find a way to improve and develop your exam technique.
Use a checklist to ensure you have covered all topics. It will also serve as a reminder to stay on track.
ronaldo lopes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ira :))
Well, with Twelfth Night, first focus on the themes. Because the themes of love and deception are very clearly shown in the play. So, connect the characters, setting, and other aspects (plot, etc) to the themes, because that covers a lot of content already. Then, focus on things like character relationships, and how the literary devices connect (eg. structural juxtaposition, metaphors, allusions, similes, etc). By then, you would have covered most of it. Look at each part separately, and then check with your teacher to see if you've covered everything. Luckily, Twelfth Night is not as long as some of the other Shakespeare plays. Lastly, try to write a demo essay, just as practise. Do an open-book test first, if you're not too confident. Then try a general essay without your book. Consistently refer to your notes on a day-by-day basis, and you'll do fine. Hope this helps. Twelfth Night is the play I'm studying this year as well.
Thank you, this really helps as my mocks is coming up In a few days and I’ve just been cramming quotes and writing the relationships considering Viola with everyone and Malvolio with everyone as they are such opposites characters affecting everyone on Illyria in different ways. Regardless, thank you for replying this will definitely help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (32)
16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (60)
30%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (77)
38.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.5%

Watched Threads