Probation period at asda

Watch this thread
angelcake-12
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, i have currently been working at asda for a month now and have multiple questions that havent been answered yet, so i thought i would try to find answers here:

How do you secure a temporary position after probation period?

When and how do i obtain uniform?

If i cant work a specific day due to education reasons, can i simply ask to work another day? And will that effect my chances of a permanent position?

Does my pick speed (i work in home shopping) effect my chances of a permanent position?

I would be gratful for an answer to any of those questions!
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by angelcake-12)
Hi all, i have currently been working at asda for a month now and have multiple questions that havent been answered yet, so i thought i would try to find answers here:

If i cant work a specific day due to education reasons, can i simply ask to work another day? And will that effect my chances of a permanent position?

Does my pick speed (i work in home shopping) effect my chances of a permanent position?

Hi
I work in retail but not asda but try to answer your points ok.

1) to secure a permanent job after your probation period you'll need to show you were capable of doing the tasks that was asked of you, never say you can't do anything or refuse to do anything you asked to do, get on well with staff, never been off sick or late starting.

2) if you not yet filled out your uniform order then you'll need to do this once offered permanent job ok, manager should do this with you. Or you might have to order it yourself via online staff account ??

3) your job contract could be based on what you currently working now or they should either offer you to chose days & hours you able to work or tell you here's you days & times take it or leave it, but you will be able to discuss this over .
No it should effect you being offered a fulltime permanent job ok as all they doing is filling all available shifts so that they are covered throughout the day. They should be flexible with you because of education requirements.

4) no matter how quick or slow you are picking it shouldn't really make any difference because everyone works at different rate, they aiming to get orders fulfilled as quickly as possible to get to customers as all big supermarket's are the exact same with online shopping. Ok,
angelcake-12
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
I work in retail but not asda but try to answer your points ok.

1) to secure a permanent job after your probation period you'll need to show you were capable of doing the tasks that was asked of you, never say you can't do anything or refuse to do anything you asked to do, get on well with staff, never been off sick or late starting.

2) if you not yet filled out your uniform order then you'll need to do this once offered permanent job ok, manager should do this with you. Or you might have to order it yourself via online staff account ??

3) your job contract could be based on what you currently working now or they should either offer you to chose days & hours you able to work or tell you here's you days & times take it or leave it, but you will be able to discuss this over .
No it should effect you being offered a fulltime permanent job ok as all they doing is filling all available shifts so that they are covered throughout the day. They should be flexible with you because of education requirements.

4) no matter how quick or slow you are picking it shouldn't really make any difference because everyone works at different rate, they aiming to get orders fulfilled as quickly as possible to get to customers as all big supermarket's are the exact same with online shopping. Ok,
That was very helpful thank you for that
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That was very helpful thank you for that
Hi
You welcome ok and hopefully it helped you on things to xx
Hope you get chance of permanent job to ok xx
YameenRashid
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

So did you get a permanent position? And is it an Asda in London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (14)
35%
They're exactly what I expected (14)