lxtte23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so I studied adult nursing for 2 years and then withdrew from the course. I’m hoping to study child nursing from year 1 now. When I phoned student finance they said I could get money for 3 years as it’s an exception course. However, when I look online it says this only counts if it’s your second degree and you’re a post graduate student ?? Can someone please give me some information on this?? Really panicking
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lxtte23)
Hi, so I studied adult nursing for 2 years and then withdrew from the course. I’m hoping to study child nursing from year 1 now. When I phoned student finance they said I could get money for 3 years as it’s an exception course. However, when I look online it says this only counts if it’s your second degree and you’re a post graduate student ?? Can someone please give me some information on this?? Really panicking
Nursing degrees are exception courses in that previous study years (or holding a degree) are ignored when determining eligibility.

you might find when you apply that the online application form fall over when you declare your previous study (the automated system doesn’t deal well with exception courses) so make sure you apply as soon as applications open in February/March so you have lots of time to sort out any issues with your application.
lxtte23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Nursing degrees are exception courses in that previous study years (or holding a degree) are ignored when determining eligibility.

you might find when you apply that the online application form fall over when you declare your previous study (the automated system doesn’t deal well with exception courses) so make sure you apply as soon as applications open in February/March so you have lots of time to sort out any issues with your application.
Oh that’s so helpful - thank you so much! So I should hopefully be entitled to 3 years funding? Thanks for the advice !!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lxtte23)
Oh that’s so helpful - thank you so much! So I should hopefully be entitled to 3 years funding? Thanks for the advice !!
3 years and a gift year for repeats yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads