Government Economic Service Sandwich Student Placement Scheme

Watch
AshvinKanda
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by BenRyan99)
The student was in the 2019/20 cohort, may have changed since then as you're all applying for 21/22.

Well you didn't fail so I assume so. Don't they still ask for you to be on track for a minimum 2.1?
Thanks mate, how long did it take between getting the inital reserve email and an offer ?
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AshvinKanda)
Thanks mate, how long did it take between getting the inital reserve email and an offer ?
Sorry I have no idea, I just got a straight offer before Christmas which was a nice present.
username5588048
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by the redmandeer)
we do a range of online quizzes / grade hw and online assessments, do I add up all these components and average it of that ?
Wa thinking the same thing anyone know? I did bad on one of the exams of one of my modules but when i average it out, I get a high 2:1
GCSE 2017
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
lets go!! been accepted too, no idea which office though. does anyone know roughly how many people applied?
GCSE 2017
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
BenRyan99 is it usual to have the placement with the department who had interviewed you?
Robot2000
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
All ik is there was 85 placess
BenRyan99
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GCSE 2017)
BenRyan99 is it usual to have the placement with the department who had interviewed you?
I think they place you in the department that interviews you, at least that's how it was in my year.
the redmandeer
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GCSE 2017)
its says on the advert that the interviews are random and thus will place you depending on merit
eloisetan123
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know how long it will take them to tell us our departments?
Bob1689321
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I asked during my interview if it would probably be with the department that interviewed me and they said yes
spoto2
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Parliament has set up three schemes to reach the widest possible pool of talent and attract ... These schemes offer the chance to work both for the House Service and for a Member of ... Undergraduate Sandwich Student Placements ... ParliON: in support of increasing awareness of issues around socio-economic inclusion.
the redmandeer
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bob1689321)
I asked during my interview if it would probably be with the department that interviewed me and they said yes
On the advert thing it says its subject to reallocation, so that's why they taking so long I think, like imagine if you hadn't had London as your preference location and got interviewed with a dept that's primarily in London. I think there try and adjust to fit ppls needs.
ravman123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
On the advert thing it says its subject to reallocation, so that's why they taking so long I think, like imagine if you hadn't had London as your preference location and got interviewed with a dept that's primarily in London. I think there try and adjust to fit ppls needs.
I emailed the recruitment team and they said that you would be allocated randomly just with location preference in mind.
the redmandeer
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Do you guys reckon most placements will be in London, because I really don't want to leave the city, its my first presence swell
Robot2000
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Do you guys reckon most placements will be in London, because I really don't want to leave the city, its my first presence swell
I hope so
GCSE 2017
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
also hope that by the time we come round to doing it, we won't be working from home
theoelm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
is anyone elses interview feedback section blank too?
Bob1689321
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by theoelm)
Yeah, mine is blank
BenRyan99
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by theoelm)
I'm assuming you were accepted then because I know that the GES doesn't really give any feedback to successful candidates, it's the same with the graduate economic fast-stream process - no feedback when you're successful
theoelm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by BenRyan99)
I'm assuming you were accepted then because I know that the GES doesn't really give any feedback to successful candidates, it's the same with the graduate economic fast-stream process - no feedback when you're successful
ah ok, that makes sense. I wasnt expecting feedback but they added an interview feedback section after I got the acceptance email which made me think they were planning on giving feedback. Thanks for clearing that one up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (0)
0%
Okay (0)
0%
A bit lacking (0)
0%
Not good at all (0)
0%

Watched Threads