407rwalker02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been stepped off year 3 adult nursing to complete a module from second year. University regulations state that a student failing a 40 credit module can retake the module on a part time basis whilst continuing with their cohort, my tutors have said that NMC regulations state i can't do this so they have stepped me off to complete it before stepping me back on next September, does anyone know if this is correct ?
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
NMC educational standards are here https://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/sta...ng-programmes/
There's nothing there to state anything like this, or "students must pass x amount of credits to pass on to the next year", just that education must be to degree standard. Saying that, nursing/midwifery/nursing associate courses must he approved by the NMC for students on the course to end up registered so there may have been something written in to the course rules somewhere to say something different to the general university rules.
You'll still need to pass everything to qualify and register as a nurse.
Ask the tutors in question for proof of where the NMC says you can't complete the 40 credits alongside final year.
407rwalker02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
NMC educational standards are here https://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/sta...ng-programmes/
There's nothing there to state anything like this, or "students must pass x amount of credits to pass on to the next year", just that education must be to degree standard. Saying that, nursing/midwifery/nursing associate courses must he approved by the NMC for students on the course to end up registered so there may have been something written in to the course rules somewhere to say something different to the general university rules.
You'll still need to pass everything to qualify and register as a nurse.
Ask the tutors in question for proof of where the NMC says you can't complete the 40 credits alongside final year.
Thank you! I have asked them for proof but that was what I thought, I just wanted a second opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
14.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (65)
41.4%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.18%

Watched Threads