Headache for the past 4 days

Watch this thread
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Since Tuesday I’ve started having constant headaches. Like it’s all the time and it’s making me feel more miserable...I’ve tried drinking lots of water, going to bed earlier and taken paracetamol but it still stop it. Advice would helpful x
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Since Tuesday I’ve started having constant headaches. Like it’s all the time and it’s making me feel more miserable...I’ve tried drinking lots of water, going to bed earlier and taken paracetamol but it still stop it. Advice would helpful x
Call 111 or speak to your GP.

I would see if they are closed now, or if they are open tomorrow morning.
hootdoot04
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Call 111 or speak to your GP.

I would see if they are closed now, or if they are open tomorrow morning.
Thanks! My parents are doctors but they say i just need to take paracetamol..like my mum says I have to wait till January to see the GP over my Suicidal thoughts etc :mad:
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks! My parents are doctors but they say i just need to take paracetamol..like my mum says I have to wait till January to see the GP over my Suicidal thoughts etc :mad:
Many GPs are offering phone appointments, a headache is probably ideal for them to call you and assess over the phone.
hootdoot04
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Many GPs are offering phone appointments, a headache is probably ideal for them to call you and assess over the phone.
Thanks for the advice
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Know this post is a few days old, hope you're feeling better by now.

It could be a migraine- those can last for days at a time sometimes. Do you also feel nauseous or dizzy? and/or a sensitivity to light/sound/certain smells? That could be a migraine then.

Also, keep an eye and make sure you're eating enough. Sometimes I skip meals when I get too absorbed in whatever I'm doing, and it can give me these horrible headaches that even painkillers dont get rid of. Try and remember the last time you ate something, and if it's been a while, go get a snack or a small meal to see if it helps.

It could possibly also be caused by stress. You mentioned in another post in this thread having some problems with your mental health, a lot of stress can cause headaches. Another recommendation is try ibuprofen instead of paracetamol, if you can, some people find that works better for headaches.
I'd still recommend trying to talk with your GP or speaking with 111 regardless, if you haven't already.
Best wishes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads