jazzied480
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi! i’m a first year student and was just wondering when would be best to start looking for houses for second year? i already know who i want to live with and we’ve all discussed it, when would be best to start booking viewings and how do i even find any decent places?
thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jazzied480)
hi! i’m a first year student and was just wondering when would be best to start looking for houses for second year? i already know who i want to live with and we’ve all discussed it, when would be best to start booking viewings and how do i even find any decent places?
thanks!
Whenever you are ready and prepared to look.
Depends on area. but imo its a buyers market. Do remember you are bound so I suggest sorting out.

1. Deposits, guarantors and checks.
2. Location, budget and size.
3. That you are all committed and what happens if one drops out.
4. Bills.
5. How you do the allocation of rules.

Do not sign until you are all committed.
jazzied480
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Whenever you are ready and prepared to look.
Depends on area. but imo its a buyers market. Do remember you are bound so I suggest sorting out.

1. Deposits, guarantors and checks.
2. Location, budget and size.
3. That you are all committed and what happens if one drops out.
4. Bills.
5. How you do the allocation of rules.

Do not sign until you are all committed.
okay perfect thank you so much!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
okay perfect thank you so much!!
They might seem boring but they are all things that crop up regulalrly which throw a spanner in the works or start your house off with a grudge or someone unhappy. Best deal with it before it happens and its something you can all talk about during lockdown.
accommodationforstudents.com
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thanks!
We always say that there is no right time to start looking for accommodation. The earlier you start the wider the range of accommodation choices you will have but there is always plenty of accommodation available in most major cities right through until the spring. We have lots of student accommodation available right now from all different companies and landlords. If you have look here you can then see which places you are interested in and make contact with the landlord or agent. https://www.accommodationforstudents.com
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thanks!
Hey jazzied480!

I would suggest you start looking as soon as- as long as you are 100% happy with who you will be living with

There will be properties out on the market now for you to have a look at, just make sure everyone is happy with the property before you make a final decision - as theres plenty of places out there so no rush!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.66%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (159)
37.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed