How long do offers take (joint honours Sussex)

Watch
Doct56764677d
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello I have applied for the politics and economics course at Sussex and just wondering if any one has any experience as how long it takes to get a offer.
14hasm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It honestly depends on what universities you have chosen and at what date you submitted your UCAS application.

Some may give out offers within days and some may take months.

UCAS has published this statement:

'Due to the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Government has asked universities to stop making unconditional offers or amending existing offers for two weeks. This is because they’re worried you’ll feel pressured to accept these offers over others you might be better suited to.

Our advice to students who have received an unconditional offer is always to consider whether this is the right provider and course for you, before you make any decision.   

To give the universities and you more time to make decisions, the 6 May deadline which was for unis to give you a decision if you sent your application by 15 January has now been extended for two weeks. If you’re affected by this extension, we’ll email you your new decision deadline once it’s set. View the latest coronavirus updates.

20 May 2020 – if you sent your application by 15 January 2020.
13 July 2020 – if you sent your application by 30 June 2020.
20 October 2020 – this is the final deadline for unis to make decisions on applications to courses starting in 2020.
If a uni you’ve applied to doesn’t make a decision by the appropriate deadline, that choice will be automatically made unsuccessful'.

Here is the link which can provide further guidance: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...%20two%20weeks.

Hope this helps
Studentystudent!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 14hasm)
It honestly depends on what universities you have chosen and at what date you submitted your UCAS application.

Some may give out offers within days and some may take months.

UCAS has published this statement:

'Due to the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Government has asked universities to stop making unconditional offers or amending existing offers for two weeks. This is because they’re worried you’ll feel pressured to accept these offers over others you might be better suited to.

Our advice to students who have received an unconditional offer is always to consider whether this is the right provider and course for you, before you make any decision.   

To give the universities and you more time to make decisions, the 6 May deadline which was for unis to give you a decision if you sent your application by 15 January has now been extended for two weeks. If you’re affected by this extension, we’ll email you your new decision deadline once it’s set. View the latest coronavirus updates.

20 May 2020 – if you sent your application by 15 January 2020.
13 July 2020 – if you sent your application by 30 June 2020.
20 October 2020 – this is the final deadline for unis to make decisions on applications to courses starting in 2020.
If a uni you’ve applied to doesn’t make a decision by the appropriate deadline, that choice will be automatically made unsuccessful'.

Here is the link which can provide further guidance: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...%20two%20weeks.

Hope this helps
Isn’t this info for the wrong year though
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentystudent!)
Isn’t this info for the wrong year though
Hello,

Thank you for flagging up the mistake in the post above, regarding university application/ decision deadlines. While, the website link provided is accurate (UCAS statement ), these are the relevant dates for the next academic year:

20 May 2021 – if you sent your application by 15 January 2021.
13 July 2021 – if you sent your application by 30 June 2021.
20 October 2021 – this is the final deadline for unis to make decisions on applications to courses starting in 2021.

I hope this helps

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise