Bec :)
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have an undergraduate degree which was funded by student finance. I am starting MSc Nursing in January for 2 years.
Am I eligible for student finance funding for tuition fee loan for both years or just 1 year?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bec :))
I have an undergraduate degree which was funded by student finance. I am starting MSc Nursing in January for 2 years.
Am I eligible for student finance funding for tuition fee loan for both years or just 1 year?
Hi, as long as you are not already a registered Nurse then your previous study won't affect your eligibility for funding. You should apply for undergraduate funding for your postgraduate healthcare course.
Thanks, Isaac
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, as long as you are not already a registered Nurse then your previous study won't affect your eligibility for funding. You should apply for undergraduate funding for your postgraduate healthcare course.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi that’s great thanks.
Would i get funding for both academic years or just the one? I read somewhere that student finance only pay for 4 years of education but with it being a health care course i’m not sure how it works? My application summary just says i will get £9250 and £3410 maintenance, do I get this each year?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi that’s great thanks.
Would i get funding for both academic years or just the one? I read somewhere that student finance only pay for 4 years of education but with it being a health care course i’m not sure how it works? My application summary just says i will get £9250 and £3410 maintenance, do I get this each year?
You will be funded for the duration of your course. Yes you will receive that each year. The £3,410 is the basic funding though, you can apply for more than this by applying to be household income assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
You will be funded for the duration of your course. Yes you will receive that each year. The £3,410 is the basic funding though, you can apply for more than this by applying to be household income assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
Yeah I've applied for the income assessed. Thank you so much for clarifying!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I've applied for the income assessed. Thank you so much for clarifying!
You're welcome. I home you have a lovely weekend.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads