The Student Room Group

Manchester Uni GCSE resit grades

Looking to see if anyone applied to Manchester Uni with a resit grade in either english or maths. I have been rejected today for my course yet got a 6 in english and a 7 in maths- resat english at college- wondering if anyone can help?
Perhaps you can request feedback from Manchester. They will know more than anyone here. What subject was it for. Do they say they dont accept GCSE resits. It might be a very competitive course like Physics is there.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Perhaps you can request feedback from Manchester. They will know more than anyone here. What subject was it for. Do they say they dont accept GCSE resits. It might be a very competitive course like Physics is there.

It was psychology, i’ve seen nowhere on the website about not accepting resits. Already emailed them to ask for more information, track says it was down to my gcses though.
Original post by grxceberry
It was psychology, i’ve seen nowhere on the website about not accepting resits. Already emailed them to ask for more information, track says it was down to my gcses though.

Do you meet this requirement

We require at least five GCSEs at minimum grade B/6, including English Language and Mathematics. If an applicant has a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics, but has a grade 6 in the other subject, we would strongly advise they still apply.
Reply 4
When did you apply? I’ve applied for psychology with GCSE resit grades in maths and biology. But haven’t heard yet. Not even acknowledgement that my application was received
Reply 5
Looking to see if anyone applied to Manchester Uni with a resit grade in either english or maths. I have been rejected today for my course yet got a 6 in english and a 7 in maths- resat english at college- wondering if anyone can help?

I applied 10 days ago. And above criteria met.
Reply 6
Do you meet this requirement

We require at least five GCSEs at minimum grade B/6, including English Language and Mathematics. If an applicant has a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics, but has a grade 6 in the other subject, we would strongly advise they still apply.

I have a grade 7 in maths and a 6 in english language after my resit in my first year of college, so yes i meet both. as you can see it doesn’t say anything about resit grades
I have a grade 7 in maths and a 6 in english language after my resit in my first year of college, so yes i meet both. as you can see it doesn’t say anything about resit grades

Do you have at least 5 GCSEs at grade B or 6 or above as that is the likely reason for rejection. Other than that only they can tell you.
Reply 8
Do you have at least 5 GCSEs at grade B or 6 or above as that is the likely reason for rejection. Other than that only they can tell you.

At gcse i got 3x7’s, 5x6’s and 3x5’s, so i’m more than fine on that side. confused to what it is to be honest
Reply 9

Hi! Just got offer from UOM for psychology AAB. I had resits in GCSEs. So don’t think that’s the problem. What predicted grades did you apply with?
At gcse i got 3x7’s, 5x6’s and 3x5’s, so i’m more than fine on that side. confused to what it is to be honest

I think you need to ring them on Monday morning. Only they can answer that.
Reply 11
Original post by GANB
Hi! Just got offer from UOM for psychology AAB. I had resits in GCSEs. So don’t think that’s the problem. What predicted grades did you apply with?

ABB, the reasoning wasn’t for them though on the letter
Reply 12
I think you need to ring them on Monday morning. Only they can answer that.

I’ve emailed them, but i’ll ring them too. Thank you for your help:smile:
I’ve emailed them, but i’ll ring them too. Thank you for your help:smile:

Only they can tell. Reading what has been said I suspect GCSEs were probably put down as the reason in error. It might well be your predicted grades but only they know that.
Reply 14
Only they can tell. Reading what has been said I suspect GCSEs were probably put down as the reason in error. It might well be your predicted grades but only they know that.

Okay, usually one grade lower than the entry requirements is fine- might not be the case though
Okay, usually one grade lower than the entry requirements is fine- might not be the case though

I suppose it depends on how competitive the course is at a given university. If the university thinks they can fill the course with people who meet the grades, they are looking for students to reject. Most courses dont get filled so they make offers to students below It would be interesting to see whether the course was in clearing in previous years. If it isnt then they are likely to reject for this reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending