Operagirl2020
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied for vocal studies at Conservatoires such as Trinity Laban or RCM? How’s it going?
Jo.Jellybean
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s going alright! Auditioning for BMus Vocal Studies courses at London-based conservatoires. I’ve submitted all my online auditions, but heard nothing back yet, apart from an interview from Trinity Laban. (Very anxiously waiting for emails!) Have you heard anything yet?
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jo.Jellybean)
It’s going alright! Auditioning for BMus Vocal Studies courses at London-based conservatoires. I’ve submitted all my online auditions, but heard nothing back yet, apart from an interview from Trinity Laban. (Very anxiously waiting for emails!) Have you heard anything yet?
Im the exact same as you! No word from anyone except an interview for Trinity. Very stressful waiting for emails X
Crofty200222
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I have heard back from Guildhall and Glasgow and unfortunately didn’t get in. Still waiting to hear from RCM , RAM and royal northern, has anyone heard from those? Thanks and good luck everyone!
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crofty200222)
Hi I have heard back from Guildhall and Glasgow and unfortunately didn’t get in. Still waiting to hear from RCM , RAM and royal northern, has anyone heard from those? Thanks and good luck everyone!
Heard from RAM - didn’t get in lol but still no word from RCM, they said if you don’t get an interview it doesn’t mean you’re unsuccessful but I’m not sure
Crofty200222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bad luck re RAM, fingers crossed for RCM. This waiting is so stressful!!!!
Jo.Jellybean
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Operagirl2020)
Heard from RAM - didn’t get in lol but still no word from RCM, they said if you don’t get an interview it doesn’t mean you’re unsuccessful but I’m not sure
I’m in a similar position. Didn’t get into guildhall, waiting on RAM and RCM cause I’ve heard nothing from either. Had an interview with Trinity Laban though.
Jo.Jellybean
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Despite whether you’ve heard or not from RAM, have you guys received any emails from them? Like ones notifying that they’ve received our video auditions? I’m a little worried because I haven’t received any confirmation that they’ve received my audition or anything - just nothing. How long ago did you hear back from RAM?
Last edited by Jo.Jellybean; 1 month ago
Crofty200222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No i haven't had any confirmation either
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
Bad luck re RAM, fingers crossed for RCM. This waiting is so stressful!!!!
I know it’s so stressful 😓 wish they didn’t do this so near Christmas, best of luck with it!
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
I’m in a similar position. Didn’t get into guildhall, waiting on RAM and RCM cause I’ve heard nothing from either. Had an interview with Trinity Laban though.
Exact position as you!
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
Despite whether you’ve heard or not from RAM, have you guys received any emails from them? Like ones notifying that they’ve received our video auditions? I’m a little worried because I haven’t received any confirmation that they’ve received my audition or anything - just nothing. How long ago did you hear back from RAM?
Sunday which is an odd day! I heard nothing else from RAM which was upsetting after all that hard work. I’ve gotten two emails from RCM saying my video is under review but that’s it, had an interview with Trinity Laban last month
Sarahmoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My daughter had interview with RAM last week. It was tough She is a cellist. Nt heard from RCM and rejected from Guildhall . Had very positive interviews with RNCM and RCS but nothing by email yet
floppitypop
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had an interview with Royal Welsh last Monday and found out I got in today, and an interview with Royal Northern yesterday, where they told me I got in during the interview. Not heard anything from RCM or RAM yet. I got told that the RNCM had over 300 video auditions submitted just for singers though- so they have a lot to get through!
Crofty200222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow congratulations that’s brilliant. I still haven’t heard anything from RNCM, RAM or RCM. Does anyone know if there is a deadline for them to let you know?
Jo.Jellybean
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow congratulations that’s brilliant. I still haven’t heard anything from RNCM, RAM or RCM. Does anyone know if there is a deadline for them to let you know?
All I know is that both RAM and RCM have said we’ll know by Christmas.
TjSop
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s normally the Thursday the week before Xmas. In 2018 it was Thursday 20th December.
floppitypop
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha thanks! I’m pretty sure this year it’s the 24th of December that they have to have replied to us by- but I hope they don’t leave it too late!
Operagirl2020
Rep:
?
If we get rejections on Christmas Eve that would be the most 2020 thing to happen🙃
Sarahmoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Daughter just heard she has a place at rcs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads