The Student Room Group

Conservatoires 2021 SINGERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Operagirl2020
Where were your offers from? :smile:

Thanks RCM,RCS, RBC, RWCMD and offer from Guildhall but no scholarship.
I took a gap year speaking to my friends who are at Conservatoire they suggested I would do better if I used a year to work on music theory and repertoire.
Where were your offers from? :smile:

Trinity and RNCM
Original post by Operahopeful
Trinity and RNCM

Well done! Was trinity on UCAS?
Reply 43
You got your RCM offer :frown: I’ve still not heard anything, but congratulations

Honestly don’t get too worried by who has had offers or interviews. Majority of conservatoires give out the odd offer at interviews/ auditions. I think having an interview does not mean you have a place. I think once you have your offers you will feel better. It’s been a long time waiting. I think offers will be uploaded onto ucas soon. Good luck I hope you here soon.
Well done! Was trinity on UCAS?

No, nothing as yet on UCAS from any of my 7 applications !
Reply 45

Yes Trinity was ucas. I never applied there. Only Guildhall is not ucas.
Reply 46

None of mine are on ucas yet. I think all your offers will likely show together either end of this week or start of next week.
Original post by TjSop
None of mine are on ucas yet. I think all your offers will likely show together either end of this week or start of next week.

Thanks, I meant 6 UCAS and Guildhall.
Reply 48
Thanks, I meant 6 UCAS and Guildhall.

Good luck. I hope you don’t have to wait too long. ☺️
I applied to RAM, RCM, Trinity, RCS, RNCM and RWSM. I have had offers from RCS, Trinity and RWSM, and i have had an interview from RNCM. I have heard nothing from RAM or RCM!
Original post by Crofty200222
Hi I have heard back from Guildhall and Glasgow and unfortunately didn’t get in. Still waiting to hear from RCM , RAM and royal northern, has anyone heard from those? Thanks and good luck everyone!

Applied for Popular Music at RNCM and didn't get in, found out on Friday x
Reply 51
Original post by Caspian7703
I applied to RAM, RCM, Trinity, RCS, RNCM and RWSM. I have had offers from RCS, Trinity and RWSM, and i have had an interview from RNCM. I have heard nothing from RAM or RCM!

Congratulations on your offers. I read that RNCM post offers and funding on ucas.
Quick question for the people who applied to more than one course - did you have to pay an audition fee for every Conservatoire? Some of you have applied for 7 and that's around £500 for your whole application?! Or am I just being silly? I only applied for RNCM as I'm from Manchester and want to stay at home and it seemed crazy to spend that much money.
Reply 53
Original post by lxradunbar
Quick question for the people who applied to more than one course - did you have to pay an audition fee for every Conservatoire? Some of you have applied for 7 and that's around £500 for your whole application?! Or am I just being silly? I only applied for RNCM as I'm from Manchester and want to stay at home and it seemed crazy to spend that much money.

Yes it is very expensive. I guess if you don’t want to leave home then your limited with your options. 7 auditions is a lot of money. I guess if you get offers it softens the amount spent. If you don’t it’s a lot of money. Do you have a back up plan like going to uni or taking a gap year
Original post by TjSop
Yes it is very expensive. I guess if you don’t want to leave home then your limited with your options. 7 auditions is a lot of money. I guess if you get offers it softens the amount spent. If you don’t it’s a lot of money. Do you have a back up plan like going to uni or taking a gap year

That's insane I can't believe that! And all the preparation for all the different audition requirements per conservatoire!

The only other option near me is Leeds Conservatoire but the student satisfaction results aren't the best there. To be honest, if I don't leave home there are very limited options as LCM and RNCM aren't very high on the leaderboards or student satisfaction anyway so a conservatoire isn't really worth it for me. I'm considering Salford as they're higher RNCM on SS and leaderboards, and it's still very performance based. I'm 20 so don't really fancy taking a gap year, and it doesn't seem worth it for RNCM anyway. If I got rejected from Guildhall, RAM or RCM I'd probably consider it because of how amazing they are. I'd love to move out but my loan is extremely low (£3,000 ish) and I don't think I could survive in a shoe box in London with that haha!
I just found out I got into Trinity!
Reply 56
That's insane I can't believe that! And all the preparation for all the different audition requirements per conservatoire!

The only other option near me is Leeds Conservatoire but the student satisfaction results aren't the best there. To be honest, if I don't leave home there are very limited options as LCM and RNCM aren't very high on the leaderboards or student satisfaction anyway so a conservatoire isn't really worth it for me. I'm considering Salford as they're higher RNCM on SS and leaderboards, and it's still very performance based. I'm 20 so don't really fancy taking a gap year, and it doesn't seem worth it for RNCM anyway. If I got rejected from Guildhall, RAM or RCM I'd probably consider it because of how amazing they are. I'd love to move out but my loan is extremely low (£3,000 ish) and I don't think I could survive in a shoe box in London with that haha!

Have you looked at Newcastle uni they do bmus 4 years. My friend is there. She gets 9250 for living. You most likely get that if you live in halls for 1st year. Yes London is very expensive. I’m 19 I will be 20 when I go away. Good luck I’m sure you will do well where ever you go
Original post by TjSop
Have you looked at Newcastle uni they do bmus 4 years. My friend is there. She gets 9250 for living. You most likely get that if you live in halls for 1st year. Yes London is very expensive. I’m 19 I will be 20 when I go away. Good luck I’m sure you will do well where ever you go

I went to uni for a year and lived away from home and I got £4,300 so I doubt I'd get anywhere near £9,250 as it's from your household income. She must get £9250 for living because she has a low household income? Unless I'm missing something? If I was able to get a high maintenance loan I'd be off to apply for conservatoires in London haha! I'm looking to do Popular Music, not just Music anyway, I think that's why RNCM was rated lower than Salford as they're typically a classical institution, and Salford is very good at Popular Music.
Reply 58
I went to uni for a year and lived away from home and I got £4,300 so I doubt I'd get anywhere near £9,250 as it's from your household income. She must get £9250 for living because she has a low household income? Unless I'm missing something? If I was able to get a high maintenance loan I'd be off to apply for conservatoires in London haha! I'm looking to do Popular Music, not just Music anyway, I think that's why RNCM was rated lower than Salford as they're typically a classical institution, and Salford is very good at Popular Music.

It’s terrible that your parents income influence what you can borrow. The girl I know comes from a very wealthy household. I think she may have fell out with her parents and that’s how she has got the money. I just know she has the full amount.. I usually shop at Trafford centre around Christmas. I stay at Salford premier inn. Not this year. Good luck for uni.
Reply 59
I just found out I got into Trinity!

Wow fantastic news congratulations. You can rest now you have an offer. Stress free Christmas 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending