The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Is it worth applying with AAB

Am I wasting my time applying with AAB for computer science? Not eligible for contextual offer
Reply 1
To be honest, it depends on the entry requirements of that course and what university it is.

If your predicted grades are similar to that of the university requirements, then I suggest it's safe enough to put it down as a choice.
When I was doing my UCAS application, I put down one or two universities which had requirements that were one grade above my predicted, grades, two which matched my entry requirements and one or two that were below my entry requirements.

That way, you have a variety of options and this kind of provides you with a safety net.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by 14hasm
To be honest, it depends on the entry requirements of that course and what university it is.

If your predicted grades are similar to that of the university requirements, then I suggest it's safe enough to put it down as a choice.
When I was doing my UCAS application, I put down one or two universities which had requirements that were one grade above my predicted, grades, two which matched my entry requirements and one or two that were below my entry requirements.

That way, you have a variety of options and this kind of provides you with a safety net.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application :smile:

Where were your offers from the ones higher than your predicted grades.
I am looking at Durham and St Andrews
Reply 3
Original post by chill pill
Where were your offers from the ones higher than your predicted grades.
I am looking at Durham and St Andrews

This was a long time ago - but my offers were from King's and Leicester.
Original post by chill pill
Am I wasting my time applying with AAB for computer science? Not eligible for contextual offer

You are better off going for a better university. St Andrews used to ask for BBB-BBC for courses in 1998. Since then they put all their eggs in the basket of the UK league tables, whilst seeing their international rankings fall alarmingly. They can't hide this forever that they are just a very good uni, and not a great uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending