Does my crush like me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm 17 and I started sixth form this September. There is a boy in my year who is new to the school and I have a massive crush on him (his name is Alex). I've only know him for 2.5 months but even then I have never really talked to him, so it's really hard to tell if he likes me back. I often glance over at him and Sometimes we make eye contact and then we both look away quickly, but I'm not sure if we make eye contact because he was looking at me or if he just happened to look up when I was looking at him. I know I'm reading way too much into this, and idk about anyone else but I think he uses social media more now, e.g. he posted a selfie on Instagram for the first time in like 2 years, he also put 'no replies' on his story - when his snaps score is only about 700, so probably nobody would message him anyway haha, but I wonder if it was just another excuse to post a picture of him self, because I know that I have I posted more since I started crushing on him. One time he also accidentally followed me and a friend to one of our lessons (which he isn't in), lol.
Another problem I have is that today, my friend millie told me that she has a crush on Alex (she doesn't know that I do Aswell), plus I'm pretty sure there is another girl, Alice, who also has a crush on him.he's a pretty nice guy as in he will chat to you if you talk to him, which just makes it harder to know whether he likes millie or Alice, not me (I'm to afraid to talk to him). A few weeks ago millie invited him to come sit on our table and play among us with us, and he sat next to me despite there being spaces elsewhere, but maybe it was just because that seat was nearest to where he was already sitting, idk. I get such mixed messages, like a while ago he was walking a bit in front of us and he could've held the door open but didn't, and then a couple days ago I held the door open for him (as he was carrying his guitar and stuff), and was nice (he said thanks or cheers or something like that and I completely forgot how to speak so I just smiled and nodded lol)
I would love your advice on this whether you're a boy or a girl, sometimes I wish he would just message me with exactly how he feels because I have no idea (but I guess he probably doesn't really that I'm into him either).
Thanks for reading the whole thing, please please reply
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why can't you message him? I asked my SO out. The only thing he can say is that the love is unrequited. Trying to figure it out just seems unnecessarily difficult.
Last edited by Tolgash; 1 month ago
Afrrcyn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're not anon!
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anonymous, Your first post was anon, so i assumed you wanted to stay that way

PC:
Little check box, to the right hand side of the text box
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abigail.tune)
Also I just don't have the confidence to tell somebody I like them
That might be something to work on then. I think many people find that rather attractive. It could separate you from the rest of the crowd.
Anonymous #1
Can I make my comments that I already posted anon?
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
might have to delete them
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Afrrcyn)
might have to delete them
How do I do that? Sorry I'm new to this lol
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't think so... Sorry

You on PC or Mobile?
Anonymous #1
Mobile
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do I do that? Sorry I'm new to this lol
You on PC or Mobile?

PC there's a edit button near the quote
MObile - hold the specific chat and then click edit
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wait might not be able to del on mobile idk, 2 sec ItsStarLordMan can you delete posts on Mobile?
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also I just don't have the confidence to tell somebody I like them
How do u think he feels then? Just coz he's a boy doesn't insulate him from fear of rejection despite all assumptions among teens.

Someone has to have the [email protected] to take that step. OK u may not have the physical ones but u could certainly show the metaphorical ones.....
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So both of u live on Disney limbo.... someone has to woman up and make the move. U should try it nothing is more empowering than approaching the dude...if he says no ur torment will fade away and normal life will be restored and if he says yes well then....
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Afrrcyn)
wait might not be able to del on mobile idk, 2 sec ItsStarLordMan can you delete posts on Mobile?
You press edit and then delete
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
You press edit and then delete
Thank you
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know you are completely right I just don't want to admit it because I'm too shy to tell him 🤣- I rarely even speak to him I think I've spoken to him once in the 2.5 months I've known him
Yes every one of ur responses states the same idea... more or less u don't have [email protected] for this.

Sweetie I don't like platitudes and nonconstructive ideas so I will be direct.

OK think of it like an exercise in self-development. U will grow and mature watever he says in response. Also it will embolden u from this awful idea of remaining totally passive and xpecting others to do all emotional heavy lifting. I am recommending this not particularly for this case but for ur longterm development and empowerment.

So now u can say this to him "Hey do u know TSR? I've been there recently and candydiva suggested I should tell u something. She thinks it would be good for me to fess my feelings for u. If u share them it'd be great and if not it would be helpful too we can all move along. So wat do u think about her plan?"

Come back and report pls.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you
You're welcome
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
just speak to him !!! if you haven't spoken to him properly how do you know you like like him.
also is your other friend (millie) a close friend? cos if so that is kinda odd, i don't like that both of u like him (ik i can't change things im just saying if that was me)
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgash)
Why can't you message him? I asked my SO out. The only thing he can say is that the love is unrequited. Trying to figure out just seems unnecessarily difficult.
Are those two men in your pic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (83)
18.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.03%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
37.22%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (58)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.14%

Watched Threads