my teacher called me in after class

Watch
grapefruits
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi I'm in year 12 and my teacher called me in after class yesterday.
She said that she noticed I was struggling with a particular type of question and wanted to give me resources to help me.
I was grateful but it was mixed feelings because she only called ME in and not anyone else, so that kind of implies that I'm behind other people.
It came as a bit of a shock because I thought I was doing fine.
I mean yeah, it's A-Levels so I'm finding it harder than GCSEs, I do find some things difficult but everyone's on the same boat.
I thought I was doing average in my class.

Soo yeah, I want some perspective on this please?
When a teacher says stuff like this, does it mean that you're behind or not doing well compared to others in general? Or is it just that specific question type they're talking about? Should I be concerned? How do I deal with this mentally (ugh I'm so insecure I hate it)?

Thanks
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't be concerned.
You have a very helpful teacher.
She probably offers the same type of extra resources individually to all the students that she notices are struggling with a particular topic or type of question.
Good luck with your studies!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Don't be concerned.
She probably offers the same type of extra resources individually to all the students that she notices are struggling with a particular topic or type of question.
That's what I thought
hannychica
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least she called you in to discuss it in private rather than in front of the class! I think she was just trying to help, and you should also not be afraid to ask for further feedback on your progress.
grapefruits
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Don't be concerned.
Thank you so much!
That makes me feel a ton better x
PlumbOnce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grapefruits)
hi I'm in year 12 and my teacher called me in after class yesterday.
She said that she noticed I was struggling with a particular type of question and wanted to give me resources to help me.
I was grateful but it was mixed feelings because she only called ME in and not anyone else, so that kind of implies that I'm behind other people.
It came as a bit of a shock because I thought I was doing fine.
I mean yeah, it's A-Levels so I'm finding it harder than GCSEs, I do find some things difficult but everyone's on the same boat.
I thought I was doing average in my class.

Soo yeah, I want some perspective on this please?
When a teacher says stuff like this, does it mean that you're behind or not doing well compared to others in general? Or is it just that specific question type they're talking about? Should I be concerned? How do I deal with this mentally (ugh I'm so insecure I hate it)?

Thanks
maybe this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKTczpzbA4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise