The Student Room Group

Student with a criminal record?!

Hi guys I just wondered if any has applied already and got into uni with a criminal record especially in health care related courses. Also if your applying for uni with a criminal record. Or if your just worried about having a dbs check. It’s important we talk about these issues to get rid of the stigma of people with criminal records as they are usually for petty Crimes or people have just matured and are trying to change their lives around.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sha1
Hi guys I just wondered if any has applied already and got into uni with a criminal record especially in health care related courses. Also if your applying for uni with a criminal record. Or if your just worried about having a dbs check. It’s important we talk about these issues to get rid of the stigma of people with criminal records as they are usually for petty Crimes or people have just matured and are trying to change their lives around.

Just do the research. If its only a petty crime, then you will be fine.
Al;ways declare everything as the dbs will reveal everything.

You declare- you make a statement sayiing all the right things- they consider what happened- you provide supporting references- they consider and let you in according to fit to practice criteria. There should be loads of threads which discuss this, what happens and how to approach it on TSR. I have answered loads of these in the past.

They arent fans of anything to do with children- organised dishonesty, things of a sexual nature or violence. If its minor its not soemthing to worry about but still take it seriously. Ask on the nursing forum or ask the TSR volunteer team if you require a bespoke in depth answer. GL.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just do the research. If its only a petty crime, then you will be fine.
Al;ways declare everything as the dbs will reveal everything.

You declare- you make a statement sayiing all the right things- they consider what happened- you provide supporting references- they consider and let you in according to fit to practice criteria. There should be loads of threads which discuss this, what happens and how to approach it on TSR. I have answered loads of these in the past.

They arent fans of anything to do with children- organised dishonesty, things of a sexual nature or violence. If its minor its not soemthing to worry about but still take it seriously. Ask on the nursing forum or ask the TSR volunteer team if you require a bespoke in depth answer. GL.

Thank you. I’ve looked maybe if you send some other forum links I would be grateful
Reply 3
What did u do?

Original post by Sha1
Reply 4
Just as an update ii had petty theft and the new law hid it on my dbs as it was over 10 yrs ago and I got into uni x

Latest

Trending

Trending