Toast and eggs ?

Watch
Scottishone999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What kind of eggs do you like with your toast?
Mumofthree2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fried eggs are the best with a small sprinkle of salt and pepper x
Scottishone999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mumofthree2020)
Fried eggs are the best with a small sprinkle of salt and pepper x
l agree with you l like fried eggs on a few rolls
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fried eggs, I think. If I add some nice ingredients it could be a good meal for the breakfast.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eggs
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Scrambled or if it’s a fresh loaf, then poached eggs and avocado (and/or smoked salmon). 😋
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bexjw)
Scrambled or if it’s a fresh loaf, then poached eggs and avocado (and/or smoked salmon). 😋
Avocado dip sounds really very good. :yes: Is there a difference between a poached and fried egg? they look similar.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
scrambled
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
poached eggs are a treat otherwise sunny side up.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Avocado dip sounds really very good. :yes: Is there a difference between a poached and fried egg? they look similar.
Poached and fried eggs are very different in terms cooking method, appearance and taste.
jellybellyb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Poached and fried eggs are very different in terms cooking method, appearance and taste.
I'd say they have more of a different texture than taste.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jellybellyb)
I'd say they have more of a different texture than taste.
Texture is definitely different and the taste of the yolk is certainly similar since it's generally defended from direct cooking, but the radically different temperatures and the introduction of fat when cooking fried eggs yields a different taste to the white.
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Texture is definitely different and the taste of the yolk is certainly similar since it's generally defended from direct cooking, but the radically different temperatures and the introduction of fat when cooking fried eggs yields a different taste to the white.
I must admit I don't eat plain eggs very often as I have a small allergy to them, so I probably had no business saying anything. I'm aware poached eggs generally are lower in calories and fat vs eggs that have been fried so it makes sense for the egg whites to have a different taste. Thanks for letting me know.
Pchim
Badges: 11
Report 1 month ago
Scrambled egg with toast but fried eggs with anything else😍
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
After all what I got the difference is that a poached egg is broken and boiled in a pot while a fried egg is made in a pan, is that right?
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
After all what I got the difference is that a poached egg is broken and boiled in a pot while a fried egg is made in a pan, is that right?
Essentially, yes. Although to be pedantic a poached egg should not be cooked in boiling water but rather slightly below that, so when you see the first bubbles as it approaches boiling, drop to a low heat to bring the temperature of the water down and then add your eggs.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Coddled.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Essentially, yes. Although to be pedantic a poached egg should not be cooked in boiling water but rather slightly below that, so when you see the first bubbles as it approaches boiling, drop to a low heat to bring the temperature of the water down and then add your eggs.
Thanks for the tip, that is good to know. I have a desire to make poached eggs at once just to try the taste.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brioche bun with ketchup and fried egg. Oh my...
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fried obviously
Egg and cress is beautiful too :perv:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed