The Student Room Group

Still struggling with bus driving

I've been doing it for a few weeks intensively and I'm improving but I'm still struggling with navigating the vehicle around and slowing down because im used to driving a normal car. It just means so much to me to be able to drive a bus, I want to help society out and also I quit my studies for this. I actually quit my studies to focus on being able to operate and drive a bus because that's how eager I am to do this. Giving up so much time im getting up early for it.

I'm not doing too bad, im improving but im not getting right. Im not going to lie but today I scraped this pole thing when driving it was minor and luckily im doing it with a family friend in a old bus that isn't operated anymore. Its just like I want to be potentially doing this in London and if I'm going to do that my driving has got to be silky smooth prestine and I have to basically be spot on. I asked what my struggles are he said its my speed, navigation of the vehicle and braking to hard is a big issue as will so that's more than what I was expecting. I can navigate cars around fine but when it comes to a bus I'll feel pressure of the heavy long vehicle. Its a single bus and not that long. I just have been stressing myself about it and stuff its not good. Its just how I quit my studies to this so now its either doing this or nothing. I have to do this
Reply 3
Bum0
You’ve only been doing it for a few weeks. Give yourself time
Reply 5
Just because you are eager to do something doesn't mean you should do that to the exclusion of everything else.

It was very naive to quit your studies. People should always have a back-up plan. I suggest you start looking at other options in case the driving doesn't work out, and there are plenty of other ways to be productive in society.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Just because you are eager to do something doesn't mean you should do that to the exclusion of everything else.

It was very naive to quit your studies. People should always have a back-up plan. I suggest you start looking at other options in case the driving doesn't work out, and there are plenty of other ways to be productive in society.

I had to either do one or the other because I most of my time was taken up by college all day and studying
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I had to either do one or the other because I most of my time was taken up by college all day and studying

So how long would it have taken you to finish college? Couldn't you have used weekends or the holidays to drive? What timescale are you working on to pass a test for bus driving?
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
So how long would it have taken you to finish college? Couldn't you have used weekends or the holidays to drive? What timescale are you working on to pass a test for bus driving?

I finish college at 3 then its getting dark by the time I'm home. Weekend isn't enough. Im hoping to get it on a few months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending