yyj4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does the LSE accept additional recommendation letters in addition to one in the UCAS system?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
No.
emmmm how about other schools like UCL?
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
emmmm how about other schools like UCL?
Again, no.

UK undergrad uni admissions don’t work like that.
yyj4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Again, no.

OK,thanks!
HHJ11
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Again, no.

That’s not necessarily true.

Whilst it is the case that the majority of universities in the UK do not accept additional documents in support of an application, there are still a few that do.

It’s entirely dependent on the university in question so I would recommend contacting them directly, but it does seem unlikely that LSE/UCL would use additional documents to inform their decision.
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HHJ11)
That’s not necessarily true.

Whilst it is the case that the majority of universities in the UK do not accept additional documents in support of an application, there are still a few that do.

It’s entirely dependent on the university in question so I would recommend contacting them directly, but it does seem unlikely that LSE/UCL would use additional documents to inform their decision.
Obviously some universities ask for additional submissions outside of the UCAS form - arts subjects at Oxford/Cambridge ask for example essays, Cambridge gives the opportunity to submit an additional personal statement, lots of courses interview/submit written questions.

But where these extras exist, they are either mandatory for all applicants (e.g. providing written work/an admissions test), or all applicants are given an equal opportunity to take advantage of it (e.g. the Cambridge additional PS).

I’m not aware of any UK universities that would accept an additional letter of recommendation on top of the UCAS reference for undergraduate applications. And if they did, this would be an opportunity advertised to all students equally so the OP would already be aware.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (212)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (162)
43.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed