The Student Room Group

What should the lowest entry requirements I apply to be

I have predicted grades of 3 A*s (I know I won't get them all.) The highest I think I will apply to is A*AA but I don't know how low to go for my safer option. I know I will apply to at least one AAB course, do I need to apply to somewhere with lower entry requirements as well?
It’s about what you think you can achieve. If you think you’ll most likely get AAB and above you don’t need anything lower. If you think there’s a possibility you’ll get lower than AAB, pick a safe option with a lower grade requirement.
All things being equal, (IE there are no other factors you are considering at your possible choices apart from grades), then if you are likely going to get A*AA I would be looking at AAA as safety choices.

Remember most, (not all) courses have some flexibility in what they will accept anyway. So an A*AA offer might accept AAA on results day anyway,
Subject?
Original post by McGinger
Subject?

Computer Science
Original post by username111111
Computer Science

I dont think you need go lower than AAB. The likelyhood is an AAB university would accept you with ABB on results day anyway. This is not guaranteed but is the likely scenario. If the worse happens and you get far lower grades than expected there will doubtless be many universities accepting you with say BBB.
Original post by username111111
Computer Science

Competitive at top Unis.
But if you can get an offer, you may be accepted (may.....) as a near-miss if you didnt quite get the grades in August, so top A* course are def. worth applying for. I'd recommend three A* choices, and then AAB choices for the other two to give yourself a choice of Insurance offers.
I'm predicted three As and chose a BBB just to be very safe, but for three A*s an ABB should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending