The Student Room Group

Compulsory Pooling?

Hello!

I'm applying to read History with my grades already in hand. I had heard about compulsory and/or "auto" pooling in the past for sciences applicants - does this exist for other subjects and who is eligible? If I were eligible would I have been notified?

Thanks x
Liv
Which college did you apply to?
Reply 2
Original post by JockstrapAttack
Which college did you apply to?

Clare. Does that make a difference?
Original post by Olivia0207
Clare. Does that make a difference?

I don't think so. What are your grades?
Reply 4
I don't think so. What are your grades?

3 A*
3 A*

I'm not sure if compulsory pooling applies to non-science courses (I think it does) but if it does, then you would probably be eligible - but you won't have received formal notification of such eligibility since compulsory pooling is more of an unspoken rule than a formal procedure. From what I can see, the university hasn't officially published any details about it.
Reply 6
I'm not sure if compulsory pooling applies to non-science courses (I think it does) but if it does, then you would probably be eligible - but you won't have received formal notification of such eligibility since compulsory pooling is more of an unspoken rule than a formal procedure. From what I can see, the university hasn't officially published any details about it.

That's good to know, thank you. I may submit an FOI just in case there is information to be had, but I'd rather not slow down the admissions teams. Are you also an applicant?
That's good to know, thank you. I may submit an FOI just in case there is information to be had, but I'd rather not slow down the admissions teams. Are you also an applicant?

An FOI request wouldn't even be answered until mid-December at the earliest. Admissions offices are incredibly busy and probably won't even be checking FOI requests for a number of weeks, so sending one would be futile. I am an applicant, yes.
Reply 8
An FOI request wouldn't even be answered until mid-December at the earliest. Admissions offices are incredibly busy and probably won't even be checking FOI requests for a number of weeks, so sending one would be futile. I am an applicant, yes.

I had figured without your explanation. Have you heard any news? Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending