The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan MSc Speech and Language Therapy

I have just received an offer to start the MSc Speech and Lang Therapy starting in January. Is there anyone out there also starting this course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vicbee
I have just received an offer to start the MSc Speech and Lang Therapy starting in January. Is there anyone out there also starting this course?

Hi @Vicbee, that's amazing news, well done!
I can assure you, you will have plenty of time to get to know other students on your course. As a Postgraduate student myself I have made lots of friends from my online course that started in September.
Keep an eye out for an introductory session where you will have the chance to meet your lecturers. All the best with your studies, Catherine
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by VickiBruns
Hi! I'm due to start the same course at UCLan next week!

Hi @VickiBruns ,
Congratulations on getting a place on the MSc Speech Therapy course! We hope you have a great time studying with us.
In the meantime, if you do have any questions about studying at UCLan, don't hesitate to ask as I am a recent UCLan graduate.

Best wishes,
Amarachi
Reply 3
Hi! I'm due to start the same course at UCLan next week!

Hi Vicki!

We probably saw each other on the pre arrival session. I'm Vicki too. How are you feeling about it? I'm looking forward to getting started, but wondering how I am going to manage it with my 2 kids at home 🤪.
Reply 4
Hi, I've got an interview for uclan speech and language therapy and would like an advice about the interview process.
I'm a little nervous! I'm worried the work-load is going to be a bit overwhelming, but I can't even imagine what it's going to be like with 2 kids! Do you work part-time too? If you've got facebook, you should add me (Vicki Brunsdon) it'd be great to have someone to talk to about it all :smile:

Hi I've an interview for Msc Speech and Language Therapy. Would really appreciate it if you could share your interview experience. Thanks
Original post by Vicbee

Hi could you please share your interview experience?
Reply 7
I prepared for it like it was a job interview, but really it wasn't necessary. It's more about finding out what you are like as a person I would say. Make sure you can show you are reflective e.g. u can use examples from your experience of where you have had to adapt or you have learnt from something. It's really just being honest and authentic in your responses I would say.
Original post by Vicbee
I prepared for it like it was a job interview, but really it wasn't necessary. It's more about finding out what you are like as a person I would say. Make sure you can show you are reflective e.g. u can use examples from your experience of where you have had to adapt or you have learnt from something. It's really just being honest and authentic in your responses I would say.

Hi, how are you finding the Uclan course, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Vicbee

Thanks very much. Please did you have to do any writing task and was a one person interviewing or a panel?
Sorry to jump on an old thread but wondering if any of you currently on the course could help me with a few things?

How many days are you actually in university?
What funding is available for parents?

Thanks
Hi Vic, hope you don’t mind me jumping in here! I’m considering applying for the UCLan Speech and Language Therapy masters course, however I also have two young children and I’m wondering if I would be able to juggle it all! Do you mind me asking how you’re finding the course now that you’re doing it? Would really appreciate any guidance. Thanks so much! Lizzie x
Original post by Vicbee

Hi, how is the MSc Speech and Language course going for you at UCLan? I have just applied to start in January 2023 🤞🙏😃 xx
Hey everyone, how is the MSc Speech and Language course going for you at UCLan? I have just applied to start in January 2023 🤞🙏😃 xx
Original post by Joanne2207
Sorry to jump on an old thread but wondering if any of you currently on the course could help me with a few things?

How many days are you actually in university?
What funding is available for parents?

Thanks

Hi Joanne, did you get any answers to your questions and did you apply for the MSc for January? X
Hi both,

My name is Josh and I work in the digital team at the uni (i'm also a recent graduate).

Please let me know if I can help with any questions/direct you to details for our course leader on the MSc in Speech Language & Therapy?

In terms of the finance question above - there is some information on funding available here that you may find useful: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/articles/student-stories/heather-student-finance

https://www.uclan.ac.uk/articles/advice/how-does-student-finance-work

Best wishes
Josh
Reply 16
Hi, I have an interview in a couple of weeks for the MSC speech and language therapy. I'm wondering if you could help me with some of the interview questions in preparation for my interview? This is my first time, so any help would be muchly appreciated. Thank you
Reply 17
Original post by Kweiba
Hi, I've got an interview for uclan speech and language therapy and would like an advice about the interview process.

hi, did you have the interview? If so, do you have any advice regarding the interview questions as I have mine in a couple of weeks.
Original post by xslh
Hi, I have an interview in a couple of weeks for the MSC speech and language therapy. I'm wondering if you could help me with some of the interview questions in preparation for my interview? This is my first time, so any help would be muchly appreciated. Thank you

Hi, did you get on the course? X
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, did you get on the course? X

Yes I did, thank you!!x

Quick Reply