Chloeshaw2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am interested in studying film and television at a degree level. I am interested in the university of Reading, UEA, Royal Holloway and Lincoln.

I am an outgoing and sociable person who would like to go to a uni with a good social life. I also want somewhere that is good for my course. I am a homely person so I would prefer a uni that feels like a community.

There is not that much information about the social life and the teaching style at these universities. So I wondered if anyone could give me some advice, as I am struggling to compare them and choose my favourites.
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Chloeshaw2003)
I am interested in studying film and television at a degree level. I am interested in the university of Reading, UEA, Royal Holloway and Lincoln.

I am an outgoing and sociable person who would like to go to a uni with a good social life. I also want somewhere that is good for my course. I am a homely person so I would prefer a uni that feels like a community.

There is not that much information about the social life and the teaching style at these universities. So I wondered if anyone could give me some advice, as I am struggling to compare them and choose my favourites.
If social life is your main concern all universities would be fine. You just have to put the effort in.
If your looking for a university that feels like a community, probably a campus university would be best. e.g. University of Essex Colchester campus or Keele university.

I'm not familar with those universties but generally speaking campus universities are good for a sense of community.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

From your choices you’re picking quite theory heavy and non accredited courses.

Royal Holloway is a community during the week but is quite deserted at the weekends as many students are from London and go home every weekend. The same is true (but less so) for Reading (and reading as a town has a lot more social options than egham/englefield green).
UEA and Lincoln are both very sociable universities although the facilities/variety of social options are better in Norwich than Lincoln.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

Hey Chloeshaw2003,

Whilst I personally don't study Film and Television, Emmy does study a closely related subject film. You can talk to her https://api.unibuddy.co/og/universit...Position=share about how she finds studying and the academic side of uni.

However, I can tell you about what life is like at Reading University. I would say we have a vibrant social life with one of the largest student unions. There are also a wide variety of societies for you to join. To see the one available you can look here https://www.rusu.co.uk/student-activities/societies/

Reading Uni is also a green campus uni with really stunning scenery. I've really enjoyed walking around it especially now. As it is a campus uni I do think it has that nice bubble, community feel and whenever I'm on campus I always run into someone that I know which is really nice! It also means that your lectures are close to each other so you're never having to walk far.

Hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!😊
From,

Amina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads