The Student Room Group

Blocked my ex but feel guilty

I had to block my ex because he kept contacting me and I found it weird. Over a year and he resorted to emails so I had to, harshly, say that if he does not stop I will have to take serious action.

I know this had to be done because he is so persistent but still i feel so guilty. I really hope he is ok after that. I feel I was mean to say that I would take action i.e police. But he wasn't stopping. He wasn't taking no for an answer. This made me uncomfortable. I don't want to see mails from him years after our break up.. i thought i wasn't fair on me.

I know I have thought of myself and not his feelings but I have explained nicely to him before that no means no.

Last thing I would ever want is for him to be upset and do anything stupid. I really hope he does extremely well in life and I hope I have not hurt him too much. I guess I am just worried about any hurt I may have caused by doing this ..

Is thinking like this normal ? :frown:
Hi! Yes it’s normal to feel guilty. I remember my first break up and I felt horrible afterwards. However, it isn’t normal for him to have gone to such extents (i.e. emails!!) when you already said no. It’s an achievement to be able to set boundaries and to say no. I’m sorry he didn’t listen and it had to happen the hard way but just know that you did the right thing. He knows now that you won’t take his crap anymore, which is good!
I recommend some music, a film, ice cream or chocolate and a night in. Go through your feelings and be sad for a while, but you did the right thing. Onward and upwards!
Yes u r a normal and healthy person with respect for the ex- who tried to handle this in a reasonable way. It is natural to feel hurt about having to take this step but... u did right.

Look at the other thread on stalking right now.... see wat happens if not....
I agree
People are responsible for their own actions and it sounds like he was harassing you. Honestly, I think that his behaviour indicates that he has issues and they have very little to do with you. You shouldn’t feel guilty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending