Is it bad that I didn't get added by my mates in any of the smaller groupchats?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Basically there is a massive groupchat which me and all my friends are in. But there are also smaller groupchats and everyone in the bigger groupchat is in one of the smaller ones except from me and one other person whos made plenty of mates at college and so is in a groupchat with all of them. I didn't get added into any and go to a different college to all of them and I've only made acquaintances at college due to everyone I speak to having a large friend group already aswell as the fact that seating plans change regularly so its hard to make acquaintances more than acquaintances. Most of the people I knew before college who came into college not knowing much people are in the same situation from what I figured. Making acquaintances from college but nothing more than that.

So for example the big group chat has 14 people in and the smaller groupchats all have 4/5 people in. All the 14 people are in one of the smaller groupchats apart from me who isn't in any of them.

What does that mean exactly? I haven't spoken to some people in those groupchats in time partially due to Covid. I only really message most of them directly on their birthdays only but it's usually for a long time as since I haven't spoken to them in ages I try to ask a lot about what's going on for them. And same vice versa usually. There's only really 2 people out of the 13 other than me that I speak to on a regular basis, one of them I speak to basically everyday and the other like at least once or twice every fortnight.

Some of my friends want us all to go to the same University so it's gonna be easier with the social life and everything. But seen as though I'm not that rated in my current friend group should I try to go to a University on my own without any of them so I can be more independent and get another friend group that I can speak to more?

And how easy is it to get into a big friend group if you go to Uni on your own if I decide to do that so I can get closer mates? I'm currently in year 13 and haven't made any new mates at college though I've made plenty of acquaintances. So is it really easy at Uni or not as it probably will be my last chance of meeting a lot of new people.
username5347244
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you don't know them well, why would they include you in the group chat? Each is probably for close friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed