_student1003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I’ve just accepted a job at John Lewis Cardiff as an Xmas temp. I was wondering if anyone who’s worked as JL could give me any advice please? I’m really nervous this is my second job! Also any idea of what I should wear? Do they provide uniform? If not is it even worth buying expensive uniform I’ll only work there on weekends until Jan?
Tracey_W
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _student1003)
Hi I’ve just accepted a job at John Lewis Cardiff as an Xmas temp. I was wondering if anyone who’s worked as JL could give me any advice please? I’m really nervous this is my second job! Also any idea of what I should wear? Do they provide uniform? If not is it even worth buying expensive uniform I’ll only work there on weekends until Jan?
Hi
I don't work with JL but I do work within retail ok.

Try not to be nervous but everyone do feel this way when starting new jobs

What to wear if male - either white or black shirt or T-shirt and black trousers and comfortable shoes,
If you are a female then wear either white or black blouse / black trousers or a skirt & tights, or a short sleeve dress about knee length with tights and flat shoes.
Wear this for first shift untill you find out what's suitable to wear as every retailer has there own rules what temps can wear ok.
If buying new for the job then don't buy anything expensive as you could easier rip or tear your clothes so buy cheap clothes , don't matter if its there's uniform as can be replaced but when own clothes take care
_student1003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
I don't work with JL but I do work within retail ok.

Try not to be nervous but everyone do feel this way when starting new jobs

What to wear if male - either white or black shirt or T-shirt and black trousers and comfortable shoes,
If you are a female then wear either white or black blouse / black trousers or a skirt & tights, or a short sleeve dress about knee length with tights and flat shoes.
Wear this for first shift untill you find out what's suitable to wear as every retailer has there own rules what temps can wear ok.
If buying new for the job then don't buy anything expensive as you could easier rip or tear your clothes so buy cheap clothes , don't matter if its there's uniform as can be replaced but when own clothes take care
Ok thank you so much! I might just re-wear what I wore to the interview then (a black dress and black leggings)!
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok thank you so much! I might just re-wear what I wore to the interview then (a black dress and black leggings)!
Hi

You most welcome ok

Yeah that sounds fine because they should had told you what to wear but you'll look cool in that.
Its been a long while since I been in a JL store so don't know what the staff wear nowadays as use to be a dress & jacket I think but changed days.

Hope you enjoy it there ,
_student1003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi

You most welcome ok

Yeah that sounds fine because they should had told you what to wear but you'll look cool in that.
Its been a long while since I been in a JL store so don't know what the staff wear nowadays as use to be a dress & jacket I think but changed days.

Hope you enjoy it there ,
Hopefully they’ll provide more details on the induction day which is next weekend!
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully they’ll provide more details on the induction day which is next weekend!
Yes they will certainly tell you more next week at induction day when you go ok.

PM if you wish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (98)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (45)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (66)
19.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise