Stevie_Ggg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thinking about studying here, but don’t know much about the place.

How’s the area? Like the peoples have heard there are a lot of chavs/ Asian road men etc.

How’s the night life here too?
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Stevie_Ggg)

How’s the area? Like the peoples have heard there are a lot of chavs/ Asian road men etc.

hey, im a first year at leicester, and i do pharmaceutical chemistry. the uni itself is great in terms of the work we are set, the wellbeing support etc. Nightlife is also great in the student village. Theres not many chavs really, Leicester has a large Asian population but Ive never had any problems with that! quite an affordable place to live too.
Stevie_Ggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey, im a first year at leicester, and i do pharmaceutical chemistry. the uni itself is great in terms of the work we are set, the wellbeing support etc. Nightlife is also great in the student village. Theres not many chavs really, Leicester has a large Asian population but Ive never had any problems with that! quite an affordable place to live too.
Not to sound racist or anything, but places with high Asian population tends to be more rough and run down. Is Leicester a clean place? Do you tend to see drug dealers roaming the streets and stuff?
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
Not to sound racist or anything, but places with high Asian population tends to be more rough and run down. Is Leicester a clean place? Do you tend to see drug dealers roaming the streets and stuff?
Most uni students live in Oadby Student Village, not in the city centre. Oadby is a very very rich area. In the city/around uni Ive not seen any dealers or anything of that sort, I would feel safe to be there by myself. Before lockdown there was a lot of great bars in the city too. In my opinion Leicester is a cleaner city, and I am from Sussex. I think you will find that there are rough areas wherever, it doesnt matter which race/ethnicities are living there.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Leicester's genuinely not that bad. There are of course parts of the town where you shouldn't walk alone at night but I think you can say that about just about any city. Drug dealers? Well, if I did I wouldn't know, they don't walk around with signs hanging round their necks. The number of Asians that live in the area is irrelevant, there are places up north like Blackpool that are 90% 'white British' that are far from pristine.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago

(Original post by ROTL94)
Leicester's genuinely not that bad. There are of course parts of the town where you shouldn't walk alone at night but I think you can say that about just about any city. Drug dealers? Well, if I did I wouldn't know, they don't walk around with signs hanging round their necks. The number of Asians that live in the area is irrelevant, there are places up north like Blackpool that are 90% 'white British' that are far from pristine.
100% agree with this.
Tashax2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

I’ve heard it’s ****
Stevie_Ggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Most uni students live in Oadby Student Village, not in the city centre. Oadby is a very very rich area. In the city/around uni Ive not seen any dealers or anything of that sort, I would feel safe to be there by myself. Before lockdown there was a lot of great bars in the city too. In my opinion Leicester is a cleaner city, and I am from Sussex. I think you will find that there are rough areas wherever, it doesnt matter which race/ethnicities are living there.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Stevie_Ggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Leicester was one of my daughters options last year. The uni is nice, and oadby student village is lovely, full of big big houses. Library on campus is a good one as well. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6562744 post #3 is Leicester.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads