Am I doing something wrong? Internship help

Watch
lrhwaterx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I started an internship last week and all was going well until I started asking my supervisor some question (questions that I needed to know in order to do my work such as passwords and the training programme) to which he left me on read and more recently, I emailed him asking to arrange for a meeting to further explain things to which I had no reply.

This is an unpaid internship and I'm wondering if I have done anything wrong and also, considering communication issues and if I would want to work with the business if i was offered to.
kwame88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doesn't sound it like it to me. They might just be really busy (I know its still rude to be left on read). Is there anyone else you can ask?
lrhwaterx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by kwame88)
Doesn't sound it like it to me. They might just be really busy (I know its still rude to be left on read). Is there anyone else you can ask?
Thanks for the reply. I just need to learn not to stress when it isnt something I can control. I assume it was due to being busy and i just assumed everything was organized
shosho11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lrhwaterx)
I started an internship last week and all was going well until I started asking my supervisor some question (questions that I needed to know in order to do my work such as passwords and the training programme) to which he left me on read and more recently, I emailed him asking to arrange for a meeting to further explain things to which I had no reply.

This is an unpaid internship and I'm wondering if I have done anything wrong and also, considering communication issues and if I would want to work with the business if i was offered to.
dont dwell on it ,plus bosses dont like to be asked for replies,maybe soft approach would be better,maybe u could ask in a proper manner like telling the in charge that u need the passwords for updating ure work and thank him for his time,this small things shows signs of maturity to the employers,if still no replies just chill, its unpaid, dont be too uptight and stresss ureself,try applying for other intern jobs as well so u would not be too dependant on this one,hope this helped ,good luck
shosho11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

just dont get overstressed about it,do something else till u get the reply,probably nothing,most companies just busy people ,busy schedules
shosho11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

relax,boss probably busy..
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by shosho11)
just dont get overstressed about it,do something else till u get the reply,probably nothing,most companies just busy people ,busy schedules
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (369)
56.25%
I don't have everything I need (287)
43.75%

Watched Threads