The Student Room Group

Am I doing something wrong? Internship help

I started an internship last week and all was going well until I started asking my supervisor some question (questions that I needed to know in order to do my work such as passwords and the training programme) to which he left me on read and more recently, I emailed him asking to arrange for a meeting to further explain things to which I had no reply.

This is an unpaid internship and I'm wondering if I have done anything wrong and also, considering communication issues and if I would want to work with the business if i was offered to.
Reply 1
Doesn't sound it like it to me. They might just be really busy (I know its still rude to be left on read). Is there anyone else you can ask?
Reply 2
Original post by kwame88
Doesn't sound it like it to me. They might just be really busy (I know its still rude to be left on read). Is there anyone else you can ask?

Thanks for the reply. I just need to learn not to stress when it isnt something I can control. I assume it was due to being busy and i just assumed everything was organized
Reply 3
Original post by lrhwaterx
I started an internship last week and all was going well until I started asking my supervisor some question (questions that I needed to know in order to do my work such as passwords and the training programme) to which he left me on read and more recently, I emailed him asking to arrange for a meeting to further explain things to which I had no reply.

This is an unpaid internship and I'm wondering if I have done anything wrong and also, considering communication issues and if I would want to work with the business if i was offered to.

dont dwell on it ,plus bosses dont like to be asked for replies,maybe soft approach would be better,maybe u could ask in a proper manner like telling the in charge that u need the passwords for updating ure work and thank him for his time,this small things shows signs of maturity to the employers,if still no replies just chill, its unpaid, dont be too uptight and stresss ureself,try applying for other intern jobs as well so u would not be too dependant on this one,hope this helped ,good luck
Reply 4

just dont get overstressed about it,do something else till u get the reply,probably nothing,most companies just busy people ,busy schedules
Reply 5

relax,boss probably busy..
Original post by shosho11
just dont get overstressed about it,do something else till u get the reply,probably nothing,most companies just busy people ,busy schedules

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending