How to tell my friends its not working?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please read this thread I posted earlier today and then com back to this, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...highlight=Beer

Basically with the help of some users on this forum and a bit of thinking I have decided my friends are a bit sensitive for who I want to be associated with and they are nice people but I think its best if we move on from each other and maybe be on good terms. Im just worried on how im going to tell them, its not as simple as saying let's just move on, I have tried that with other friends and it doesn't work really. I just have no clue on how to just tell them and what to say. Im not going to just block them and disappear from them because I feel like that's being a coward and its arrogant. Its just even though they are sensitive to some stuff I say or do they like me as a friend, they have been asking me to meet up often after lockdown which I have been also been too worried about saying I don't want to and now I have to tell them that we aren't working out. Anyway any advice will be appreciated
username5161354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don’t have to tell them, you can just slowly distance yourself from them. I see no reason why you have to sit them down and tell them this, and gradually moving away from them is way less offensive imo
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like they are currently only virtual friends anyway, and there's no saying you would have all met up and got on well together after lockdown when you appear to have gaming and not much else.

Just tell them that you've enjoyed their company, but you think there are too many differences between you for the friendship to continue, including for meeting up, and you don't want to spoil what you've had. No more contact. Job done.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueberrybowl)
You don’t have to tell them, you can just slowly distance yourself from them. I see no reason why you have to sit them down and tell them this, and gradually moving away from them is way less offensive imo
Yeah this might be an easier way of doing it.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just say straight up 'Look, the other day made me realise that we are fundamentally incompatible, and if there's anyone a man should be free to be himself around it's his friends, and I clearly don't have that with you lot. So, it seems best to me if we just stop communicating.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.6%

Watched Threads