Personal Statement UCAS question :D

Watch
grapefruitabc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello there,
I am just wondering if you guys left blank lines in your personal statement. I understand that this is recommended across multiple websites but I was wondering if people did leave the lines.
Leaving lines does eat into the limit so less content can be included.

Thank you
Chowderzzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like as long as you're not drastically under the word/line limit then it'll be fine. I only did 43/47 lines if I remember correctly.
vanessavanjie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by grapefruitabc)
Hello there,
I am just wondering if you guys left blank lines in your personal statement. I understand that this is recommended across multiple websites but I was wondering if people did leave the lines.
Leaving lines does eat into the limit so less content can be included.

Thank you
I used every line (left no blanks) and no university has seemed to care so far - I had never heard about leaving blank lines, just starting a new line with each paragraph! Seems like a really unnecessary waste of space to me.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's definitely recommended to have line breaks between paragraphs - it makes it far easier for the admissions tutors to read it. Often you don't have to take out/condense a lot of content either if you are using all 47 lines
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (88)
28.03%
No - I have already returned home (40)
12.74%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.11%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.19%
No - I live at home during term anyway (94)
29.94%

Watched Threads