1312ACAB
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I’m coming to the end of my UCAS application and just reshuffling my options. I know I like Cardiff as a city and as a university and my predicted grades are ABB, and Cardiff’s Psych grades are AAA - AAB. Should i give it a go or would it be a wasted effort? I mainly get A/A*s in 2/3 subject assessments/homework and As/Bs in my third so maybe i’ll do better in exams then predicted so it’s worth a try? I’m just unsure and i’ve heard that they can be lenient.

Don’t worry about hurting my feelings - Just the best advice please! Thank you!
Last edited by 1312ACAB; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1312ACAB)
Hi!

I’m coming to the end of my UCAS application and just reshuffling my options. I know I like Cardiff as a city and as a university and my predicted grades are ABB, and Cardiff’s Psych grades are AAA - AAB. Should i give it a go or would it be a wasted effort? I mainly get A/A*s in 2/3 subject assessments/homework and As/Bs in my third so maybe i’ll do better in exams then predicted so it’s worth a try? I’m just unsure and i’ve heard that they can be lenient.

Don’t worry about hurting my feelings - Just the best advice please! Thank you!
Nobody can tell you with certainty and it may vary with subject but both Cardiff and Swansea do tend to be quite lenient with grades. As an example I know someone who was accepted with Geography this year with BCD. Cardiff were accepting ABB and probably lower for Law in 2019 clearing. You will likely be made an offer of AAA but on results day they might accept lower. I wouldnt have suggested it if I didnt think there was a decent chance of you getting an offer. It is a bit of a gamble but as others on here have said on threads on here previously the aim is not to get 5 as only 1 you can go to. I do believe the odds of you getting an offer are in your favour but nobody can guarantee that
1312ACAB
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Nobody can tell you with certainty and it may vary with subject but both Cardiff and Swansea do tend to be quite lenient with grades. As an example I know someone who was accepted with Geography this year with BCD. Cardiff were accepting ABB and probably lower for Law in 2019 clearing. You will likely be made an offer of AAA but on results day they might accept lower. I wouldnt have suggested it if I didnt think there was a decent chance of you getting an offer. It is a bit of a gamble but as others on here have said on threads on here previously the aim is not to get 5 as only 1 you can go to. I do believe the odds of you getting an offer are in your favour but nobody can guarantee that
Nice to see you again! I think that you’ve single handedly convinced me to apply to Cardiff, I just wanted to get some others opinions as well. I wouldn’t mind Cardiff or Swansea as they both seem like great places. Thank you again!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1312ACAB)
Nice to see you again! I think that you’ve single handedly convinced me to apply to Cardiff, I just wanted to get some others opinions as well. I wouldn’t mind Cardiff or Swansea as they both seem like great places. Thank you again!
They are fairly easy to get to as I said on your other thread. However if you are way down near Truro say anything will be difficult to get too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads