Christmas Gift for crush

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So, I have been talking withy crush recently and she said that she would like said vinyl for Christmas. I am thinking about buying an original copy, which is around £90, instead of a new one that costs around £20. Is it a good idea?
Anonymous #1
Alternatively, shall I buy something more expensive?
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you have the money, go for it. Are you close with her?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by summerberry19)
If you have the money, go for it. Are you close with her?
Well, we text/snap 4/5 times a week for a total of around 4-5 hours a week.
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well, we text/snap 4/5 times a week for a total of around 4-5 hours a week.
Aww that’s cute. Let me know what you decide
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I personally think that’s too much money to be spent on a crush.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
I personally think that’s too much money to be spent on a crush.
Well, tbh the title is a bit misleading, we talked about long-term perspectives and stuff, we may possibly get official if things to go well in the next 2-3 months. Plus, she said she would like to be with someone who is a 'gift giver'.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well, tbh the title is a bit misleading, we talked about long-term perspectives and stuff, we may possibly get official if things to go well in the next 2-3 months. Plus, she said she would like to be with someone who is a 'gift giver'.
First :they want to be with someone who is a “gift-giver” - either that’s code for they’re a gold digger or what they mean is people who buy thoughtful presents, not throw money and hope it sticks.

But it’s your money-if you have it to spend.
Like I said, I think that’s too much for someone you’re not in a relationship with or similar.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 days ago
Anonymous #1
First :they want to be with someone who is a “gift-giver” - either that’s code for they’re a gold digger or what they mean is people who buy thought presents, not throw money and hope it sticks.

But it’s your money-if you have it to spend.
Like I said, I think that’s too much for someone you’re not in a relationship with or similar.
Well, I can see your point of view. Thanks for your opinion.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Is that really a good thing, though? Somebody who wants a ‘gift giver’- are you sure they aren’t a gold digger? Obviously I don’t know either of you personally, of course I am probably wrong!

I’d say start with the cheaper option and see how it goes. If you get closer to each other, then maybe start increasing your price limit? Up to you, though ^^
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Id find it really weird for someone I barely knew to spend $90 on me for Christmas..
The 'gift giver' comment just sounds like shes using you.
Anonymous #1
Is that really a good thing, though? Somebody who wants a ‘gift giver’- are you sure they aren’t a gold digger? Obviously I don’t know either of you personally, of course I am probably wrong!
To be fair, I have to admit that I had never saw it in this way. Having said that, I am not 100% sure I would actually like to find this out.

Thanks for your opinion. I may actually go for an another vinyl, perhaps in the £50 bracket.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
To be fair, I have to admit that I had never saw it in this way. Having said that, I am not 100% sure I would actually like to find this out.

Thanks for your opinion. I may actually go for an another vinyl, perhaps in the £50 bracket.
Can I ask roughly how old you two are?
Anonymous #1
Can I ask roughly how old you two are?
both university students.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
both university students.
Okay- it just gives a bit of perspective too. Spending £50-£100 when you’re 15/16 is an entirely different ballgame to spending that when your say 30/40

As university students and not going out I personally wouldn’t go above £50 tops.
I don’t know if it was a specific vinyl she was talking about or if she was meaning for you to get it for her-but if it was then that price bracket is where you should stay roughly -the £20 you first mentioned.
Freya JC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

Fair enough. But I think it’s worth consideration. If things did become serious between you two it’s a good question to start asking- you will seriously regret the relationship if she’s in love with your money rather than you as a person.

But yeah, I think the £50 bracket is slightly better than the £90. Hope it goes well with you and the crush :laugh:
Ryanrob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Spend the money mate, get the original, she will love it !!!!! And if she don’t appreciate it you know you did a good thing 💥
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (725)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise