Zaidkhan4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I’m an international applicant and wanted to apply for a sports management course for the 2021 year. I’ve been turned down by Loughborough but have an offer from Northumbria University. However, I’m also considering Manchester Met and Sheffield Hallam. Could anybody please let me know what the best choice would be from all of the aforementioned unis? Thank you!
Northumbria University UG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zaidkhan4)
Hi, I’m an international applicant and wanted to apply for a sports management course for the 2021 year. I’ve been turned down by Loughborough but have an offer from Northumbria University. However, I’m also considering Manchester Met and Sheffield Hallam. Could anybody please let me know what the best choice would be from all of the aforementioned unis? Thank you!
Hi Zaidkhan4,

It's great to hear that you're considering Northumbria! Have you checked the modules for this programme on the website? If you scroll to the bottom you can view the modules across the three years. It's definitely worthwhile checking so you can see if they appeal to you vs the other universities.

I'm not a Sports student but I do know there are some great facilities and the university has invested a lot into the Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation department so you would definitely benefit from that.

You should also check out the International Hub to find out more information about being an international student at Northumbria

Emily, UG Rep
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Zaidkhan4,

I currently study at Sheffield Hallam uni so let me know if you have any specific questions about studying here or in Sheffield in general.

It would be beneficial if you signed up to the next virtual open day where you can watch a new course talk from the course leader about the course, it will go into more depth about the modules, content, assessments and work experience opportunities so it is definitely worth signing up to. The next one is on Wednesday 9th December with live chat 5-7pm GMT, this is a good opportunity to talk to academic staff, current students and other support services, but I appreciate the time difference might be difficult for you. You can sign up to the open day and even if you can't make it on the day you will have continued access to all the resources available on there. There are other opportunities to chat to the applications team and current students on Unibuddy on the website, you just need to sign up to the platform.

Sheffield Hallam has two campuses one right in the city centre and one 20 minutes walk away but still in a busy area of the city which is a very popular area for Hallam students living in their 2nd and 3rd years with lots of pubs, bars and shops, although there is plenty of affordable accommodation in the city centre. There is plenty to do, lots of shops and huge nearby shopping centre, a mix of independent and cultural restaurants, a premier league football club and you will be close to the Peak District which is an amazing national park. Sheffield is very central in the UK with great train links to nearby cities like Manchester and Leeds as well as a quick route to London.

Reply with any questions you have about studying at Hallam and I will do my best to answer.

- Harry
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hello Zaidkhan4, It is great to hear that you are considering studying with us here at Sheffield Hallam!

Make sure you have a thorough look through our course page for Sport Business Management, there are a few videos to give you perspective from an academic and student, it also provides information about different aspects of the course.

As Harry said above our next Undergraduate open evening is happening on Wednesday 9th December 5-7 pm this is a virtual event there to provide you with all the information you would get at an on campus open day with opportunities to talk to other academics and students about studying at Hallam or living in Sheffield.

If you have any questions myself or our students on the hallamstudents account will be more than happy to help and answer these for you.

- Rachel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads